my sweet bentley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my sweet bentley

oh, mister bentley. i remember the day we met. you were supposed to be a foster. pea and ashley fell in love with you before we even got home from st. louis so i called the rescue the very next day and told Ďem to send me a contract and iíd send a check. i knew you were here to stay.

over the past 6 years, we had some good times, some great times, and a few bad times. youíre *up there* now with pea and ashley and i hope your reunion was a happy, happy one!

when the vet gave me the diagnosis, i was crushed. it had only been a few weeks since you and i lost pea and the thought of losing you, too, was just unthinkable. but lose you, i must. i didnít want to see you in pain, i didnít want to see you have trouble breathing since i knew the cancer was already in your lungs by the time we found it. i wanted you to leave this world a happy guy, goofy as ever, lovable as they come, and with as much dignity as i could give you.

i am gonna miss filling in the holes you dug. and fighting with you over that spot on the couch we both loved best, and iĎll especially miss the barkfests at 2 a.m. when, apparently, there was something amiss in your world. i will miss your enthusiasm when i was fixing your meals. iíll miss hearing those bones crunch as you finished off a meal in record time and then looked around for more. i will tell you one thing i wonít miss and that is going hunting for you when you found that gap in the fence! i donít know how many times i felt panic when i was afraid you wouldnít come home. but you always did, you were such a stinker about that gap!

iím sure you will find gary. make sure you get a piece of his Hershey bar!

bentley, you were never ďjust a dogĒ to me. you were my friend, my companion, my couch buddy, my confidant. lots of tears were shed into your fur and you always knew when i was sad because you would come to me and bury your head in my lap. it was your way of saying itíll be ok, mom, iím right here.

and now, youíre not here and i miss you more than words can say. olivia misses you. even destiny looks for you, even though she knew you for only a short time. iím glad they could both be there when you crossed the bridge. i think they are at peace, it will take me a little longer to get there. i miss you buddy. I will always miss you and I will always love you. Be a good boy and give pea and ashley some slobbery kisses for me. RIP big guy. You were the best friend i could ever have had!
    [SIGPIC]

So sorry Charlene
    sigpic
    Chaucey
    Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Oh no. I'm so sorry to see this, even though I knew it was coming.
      sigpic
      Fergus
      SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
      Eisen Shark
      C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

Oh, Charlene. I'm so very, very sorry.

RIP sweet Bentley...
        Karen, Chance, Lucy and Savanah RB

sigpic

Comment

My heart sank when I saw this. I'm so sorry. May you find peace knowing he crossed the bridge a happy boy surrounded by love. 💔. Keeping you and the girls in my thoughts.
          sigpicKelly

Comment

So very sorry Charlene - your tribute was very moving. Hugs to you and yours...
            -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

Last edited by skunze; 07-26-2016, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Oh God, I am so sorry. What a beautiful, heartfelt good bye. I'm a blubbering mess, on your behalf.
                ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Goodbye sweet, sweet Bentley! Thanks for helping your Mom through so many tough situations & being such a wonderful boy. I'm so sorry Charlene!
                  sigpic Brenda
                  RIP Gibson 9/06 - 8/11
                  Presley 8/96 - 11/06

Comment

So very very sorry, Charlene. Loki and I are sending you lots of hugs

Comment

So very sorry, Charlene. There are tears in my eyes as I type this, my heart aches for you.
                      sigpic
                      ďSaving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.Ē

Comment

I'm sorry R.I.P Bentley, you will be missed. Hugs to your mommy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Charlene, what a great mom you were to Bentley. May the good memories bring you peace.
                          Carol, Sierra, and Luna

Comment

ah sista sista...
                            xoxoxoxoxo
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm feel so bad for you, Charlene. My experience with Echo mirrored yours...I know the heartache. Fly fast and free Bentley, say woof to my sweet Echo for me.
                              Tracy
                              sigpic
                              Mouse April 2010
                              Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                              X