Completely shattered. RIP Zeke 10/21/12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completely shattered. RIP Zeke 10/21/12

5 AM yesterday morning, Zeke was his typical happy-go-lucky self, trotting back into the house from his exercise yard. At 8 AM he was gone, lying in his crate completely still. My voice is gone from screaming, my back is aching from lifting him, my head is numb from trying to understand.

Our vet graciously met us for a necropsy yesterday morning, and discovered several lesions on Zeke's intestines that he felt were indicative of a toxin. I've thrown out food (we feed raw, tripe was the last thing he ate @ 10 PM the night before) treats (all USA made), and scoured the house and their exercise yard for anything he could've possibly gotten into, and just can't make sense of any of it. Multiple tissue samples were taken and we're hoping and praying that test results will give us some answers. Murdock is going in for bloodwork and ultrasounds today to be on the safe side, although I don't know if they'll tell us anything and frankly I'm now completely terrified of losing him too.

Zeke was just shy of 18 months, and was the sweetest, friendliest dog I have ever known...everyone who knew him loved him for his precious, affectionate, sweet personality. I'm absolutely crushed and sorry this is rambling. I just cannot believe he's gone.

Last edited by LoveMyDaneBoys; 10-22-2012, 02:18 PM. Reason: typo

Im so sorry Kara ~ as I said before.. my thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and mikki and hers. Zeke was an amazing dog, Ty and I adored him. I hope you get some answers soon. Much love! (((HUGS)))

RIP sweet stripey boy ~
    ~*Hailey*~
    sigpic
    Sway 4/21/10 - 11/26/13
    "Our hearts still ache in sadness, And secret tears still flow, What it meant to lose you, No one will ever know."

Comment

So sorry for your loss!!! So hard to lose a loved one, especially when so young and unexpected! You and yours will be in our thoughts and prayers!

Comment

Omg, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's always heartbreaking to loose a pet, but this is especially hard because it was so sudden and shocking! I'm so sorry
        My little Bogartsigpic

Comment

How very tragic! Gone much too young! RIP Zeke!
          sigpic
          Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
          Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
          www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

So young. So sad. I'm so sorry.
            I hope you are able to find out what the cause is.
            "The human language, as precise as it is with its thousands of words, can still be so wonderfully vague"....Garth Stein The Art of Racing in the Rain

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss.

Comment

That is heartbreaking, I'm so sorry.

Comment

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this shocking news. I hope you find answers. RIP Zeke.
                  sigpic
                  Hank 02/07/2010
                  Sam 08/25/2007 - 06/28/2013

Comment

How horrible! I'm so sorry for your sudden loss. My heart breaks for you & your family. Zeke was a gorgeous boy & was lucky to be so loved. Sending thoughts & prayers your way! Hopefully all of Murdock's test come back normal.
                    sigpic Brenda
                    RIP Gibson 9/06 - 8/11
                    Presley 8/96 - 11/06

Comment

I am so very very sorry

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss! RIP Zeke

Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
                        sigpic

Comment

I am so sorry for your sudden loss I hope you can find some answers

Comment

I'm so sorry and I'm praying everything stays well with your other boy.
                            sigpic
                            Duramax Born 7-25-2011
                            My Gooner

Comment

I can feel your pain through this post. For some reason this really really got to me. I am so so so SO sorry for your loss. He was a gorgeous boy and those sweet sweet eyes. Life seems so cruel sometimes.
                              RIP Zeke. May you and your family find some peace and answers
                              sigpic Halpert at 28 months

Comment

Working...
                              X