Diesel..Goodbye my big guy.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel..Goodbye my big guy.

Hello all. My name is Brian. I have been a long time viewer but sadly a first time poster. I do not even know where to start. The thoughts in my mind race from one to the next. This past Friday morning at 3:30am I lost my best friend, Diesel. One week short of his 11th birthday.
    Diesel found me when he was just 2 days old. The weeks could not pass fast enough till he could come home. I made him a promise on the first night That I would always take care of him the best that I could. He promised me that he would be with me for a long long time. He full filled his promise with flying colors. 10 plus years of a bullet proof freight train.
    I can not even handle how empty the house feels. No more big head looking over the edge of his couch. No more keeper of the balls the neighborhood kids would hit over the fence. There was a rule. If Deez got to the balls before i did. They were his. No more endless sweet snoring. No more ear scratching. It was a daily routine. I would come home from work and we did ears. If i was done before he was, he would wrap his front leg around mine and would not let go till he was good and ready.
    Thank you my friend for always taking care of me while i was sick for so many months. You always came to the couch to make sure i was ok. Thank you for protecting this family with your life. Thank you for the endless drool flying around the house. Thank you for being the dog bell. Thank you for being a giant goofball.
    I still can not believe you are gone. There is not a 10 minute span where my thoughts do not turn to you and the tears well up in my eyes. This home and my heart will never be the same.
    To my pup, my buddy, my old guy and my best friend hands down. I do and i will always miss you.
    Thank you my big guy.......

Godspeed beautiful boy.
    hugs to you, may his memory always make you smile!
    sigpic

Comment

RIP Diesel. My heart is with you and your family during this time of empty places in your home.
      sigpicLynn - Ximmy's Mom's Mom - John & Lynsie, skin kids, Faela & Gus skin grandkids,OnzaPous, ReignaPous, Banshee & Kit-ten and now Dare Devil and Fuzzy Butt the cats, and of course......Ximmy Ximmy Xoom Xoom and [COLOR=red]Sprocket (aka Sprockey Wocky Puppy Pants) and Sibanca our newest Dane rescue

Comment

I'm so sorry...
        Katie & Scarlett
        sigpic

Comment

What a beautiful tribute. RIP Diesel

Comment

What a wonderful tribute to your handsome boy! I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Diesel
            sigpic Brenda
            RIP Gibson 9/06 - 8/11
            Presley 8/96 - 11/06

Comment

RIP sweet Diesel. Our thoughts are with you during this difficult time.
              sigpic
              Buster

RIP Jack Diesel Caliber and Bubbles. Mommy misses you guys every day!

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Diesel.
                sigpic

Comment

a tribute straight from your heart. i'm so sorry for your loss. diesel sounds like he was a wonderful friend and family member. may your sweet boy rest in piece.

Old Dogs Never Die

We have a secret, you and I
                  That no one else shall know
                  For who, but I, can see you lie
                  Each night in fire's glow.

And who, but I, can reach my hand
                  Before we go to bed
                  And feel the living warmth of you
                  And touch your silken head.

And who, but I, walk through woodland paths
                  And see ahead of me
                  Your small form racing in the wind
                  So young again and free

And who, but I, can see you swim
                  In every brook I pass
                  And when I call, no one but I
                  can see the bending grass.

author unknown
                  [SIGPIC]

Comment

Oh Brian I'm so sorry!
                    RIP Diesel...
                    Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened.
                    - Anatole France

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. How fortunate you are to have had Diesel share your life for so many years. May his memories bring you and your family comfort. RIP Diesel.

Martha
                      sigpic

Comment

Brian, it sounds like the past 10 years were wonderful. Thank you for sharing your big guys life with us.
                        sigpic
                        One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why. ~Author Unknown

Melissa & Hoss!
                        Gracie, Having a ball at the Rainbow Bridge 2/17/16.

Comment

What a lovely tribute. I am heartbroken for you. RIP Diesel...
                          Mary
                          Eve, sweet couch potato DA GD, 2009-
                          Louie, rescue cat, 2011-
                          Jazz, sweet, loving GD, 2008-2010
                          Max, BYB GD, 2000-2007
                          Gabby, rescue Lab, 1998-2008
                          Dusty, rescue sheltie mix, 1980-1992

Comment

Originally posted by Loki Love View Post
                            What a beautiful tribute. RIP Diesel
                            I agree
                            Teresa n
                            sigpic

Comment

RIP Diesel. I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like he lived a long and fruitful life!
                              sigpic
                              Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
                              Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
                              www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

Working...
                              X