As it mentions he was not only a UDX (I believe the only
    male dane to have this title among the handful of danes
    overall that have it) but also had 9 OTCH points. Those
    are points towards an AKC obed championship and to
    date I would guess 5 or less great danes have ever
    earned 1 point, if I'm wrong less than 10 have, over about
    the last 50 years or so.

It is doubly surprising he was lost at 5 yrs old, as his mother
    Lazy Days Sweet Inspiration UDX is (? I hope) still going and in fact competed well into her senior years in advanced obedience (to at least age 10).

Sweetie was one of the first danes to earn the UDX title and
    the only dane to represent the breed at the AKC obedience Nationals, placing in her group. She is also the only dane to have produced two offspring that have earned the UDX title.
    Elvis' s sister Lazy Days Amazing Grace UDX is also a dane superstar.

What might be evident at this point is that Elvis's owners Gayle & Mike Smith are dedicated, successful and treasured trainers and breeders within the dane breed. Elvis is part of a program that has gone on I think for over
    20 years and he is a third or fourth homebred generation of
    advanced obedience dog for them.

I had always hoped one day to meet Elvis in person, I guess now I will have to wait some time longer for that to happen. Deepest regrets to Gayle & Mike on the loss of their beautiful partner.

sandy
    http://web.mac.com/Witzn

RE: Lazy Days Don't Be Cruel UDX

My condolences; Elvis (what a great name!) was one beautiful dog, and looking at that photo reminds me why I fell in love with this breed 20 years ago.
    My best boy, Trooper.
    sigpic

Comment

What a beautiful dog! And what a shame that one so gorgeous had to leave this world so young!

Comment

I met Elvis this past fall at the National in KC. I rode up in the elevator with him & Gayle. I remember as I was especially stupid, having recognized him & since I couldn't see Gayle (as she was hidden in the corner), I thought for a minute he was smart enuf to simply be riding around by himself, so I asked him "going up?" & then Gayle answered "yes." I knew it wasn't Elvis' voice as he has a much deeper pitch<G>. He was not only incredibly smart, but incredibly beautiful and we all take our hats off to Gayle & Mike on the Lazy Days line. I'm glad Sweetie & the rest are there to comfort the Smiths in these dark days. Our condolences on the loss to the breed & to your own family in the passing of this truly great Great Dane.

Comment

Working...
        X