A sorrowful day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sorrowful day

I got home from work today and my male Great Pyrenees had been bitten pretty badly. Lilly has attacked Foster before, almost attacked me (redirected aggression) but I thought that the Clomicalm and our daily social sessions were helping. I swore to rescue when I took Lilly that if she ever bit anyone that I would have her put down. (I thought I could take the breed out of her.) I feel asthough my dogs are just as big a part of the family as any of the human members, Foster is my child. I've decided to have Lilly euthanized tomorrow. I will remember all the times she's tried to be sweet through her timid eyes. All the times her and Foster played together. How she took Panzer in under her wing as her own from the beginning. I think that everything she's done was out of love, she's tried so hard to protect us. I know she will be welcomed to the rainbow bridge tomorrow morning and that she won't be afraid ever again, she will know I tried, she will know she is loved.
    typing through tears,
    Heather Fraser

Be at Peace

Our thoughts are with you Heather, be at peace knowing the joy you gave Lilly while you owned her, and the gratitude she felt at having a family such as yours to love.
    Carolyn
    Divine Acres Great Danes
    Divine Acres The Legend "Bruce" 5 1/2 months old..5th generation of DA Danes!
    sigpic

Comment

RE: A sorrowful day

Heather I am so sorry. I don't know what to say to you right now to make things hurt less. Just remember that you gave her love and gave her the opportunity to love in return. That in itself is more than many dogs ever have in thier lives.

You are doing the right thing, if you didn't then you may risk even more severe injury to Foster and possibly to yourself.

Michelle B.

Comment

That was a difficult decision to make, and very brave of you to make it. It's obvious you did it out of love for Foster, the rest of your family, and for Lilly. She's at peace now. Try to find peace for yourself in knowing that. -Mary

Comment

how terrible for you.

Comment

Our hearts go out to you. It's such a difficult decision to make... Astrid & Zoo

Comment

Heather,
              There are prayers to you and yours from our house tonite. Be at peace, and know that she is waiting for you at the bridge.

Joel

Comment

Working...
              X