Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dogs that tuck their tail during show...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enhanced
    started a topic Dogs that tuck their tail during show...

Dogs that tuck their tail during show...

Im currently in the midst of doing research on perspective breeders and I've noticed that a fair amount of dogs have their tales tucked in their show pictures. I understand it can be a sign of stress, fear, shyness or something of that nature. How concerned about this behavior should I be if I'm considering a puppy from it's litter? I have three active kids so I need a dog that comes from bombproof temperaments.

• SuzanneRM82
    replied
    http://www.gdca.org/illustrated-standard.html

Tucked like in the drawing here?

Leave a comment:

• Enhanced
    replied
    Thank you for your input. You make a good point about the tail potentially just looking tucked. I most certainly agree about utilizing a reputable breeder.

Leave a comment:

• kahluadanes
    replied
    Are they actually tucked or are they just down in a natural position? In the pictures they may appear to be tucked but aren't actually. If you are buying from a responsible breeder you should have no concerns regarding temperament....they will have been bred to have a good temperament, they will have been well socialized and as a new owner it will be expected that you continue proper socializing and training.. Also a responsible breeder will fit a puppy to your family that will meet all your needs and best fit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X