Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dogs that tuck their tail during show...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogs that tuck their tail during show...

Im currently in the midst of doing research on perspective breeders and I've noticed that a fair amount of dogs have their tales tucked in their show pictures. I understand it can be a sign of stress, fear, shyness or something of that nature. How concerned about this behavior should I be if I'm considering a puppy from it's litter? I have three active kids so I need a dog that comes from bombproof temperaments.
    Michelle & Roman

A cackle is a giggle with authority.

sigpic

Are they actually tucked or are they just down in a natural position? In the pictures they may appear to be tucked but aren't actually. If you are buying from a responsible breeder you should have no concerns regarding temperament....they will have been bred to have a good temperament, they will have been well socialized and as a new owner it will be expected that you continue proper socializing and training.. Also a responsible breeder will fit a puppy to your family that will meet all your needs and best fit.
    sigpic
    Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
    Associate Member GDCNE
    Member GSPCA
    Member NAVHDA
    Member Central Maine Kennel Club
    High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Thank you for your input. You make a good point about the tail potentially just looking tucked. I most certainly agree about utilizing a reputable breeder.
      Michelle & Roman

A cackle is a giggle with authority.

sigpic

Comment

http://www.gdca.org/illustrated-standard.html

Tucked like in the drawing here?
        sigpic
        Fergus
        SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
        Eisen Shark
        C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment