No announcement yet.

Silly Puppy in Crazy Mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lillie got her first mini zooms tonight in the backyard, it was so cute. I can't wait to watch her full on zoom : D

Comment

Plus one on Mini Zoomies. Followed by 2 hour nap.

Comment

So fun reading your zoomie stories
        sigpic

Comment

Our first dane always used to get the zoomies, as well as my parents dane. I remember reading about the zoomies before we ever even owned a dane.

We are on our second dane and he get the zoomies out of control. He's only 5 months old right now so it's a little nerve racking when he does it inside. Had anyone had any luck with getting their attention when they are in full on zoomie mode?

Our bigest concern is our daughter who is just starting to walk so we have to make sure when he gets the zoomies, shes out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUDavid View Post
            Our first dane always used to get the zoomies, as well as my parents dane. I remember reading about the zoomies before we ever even owned a dane.

We are on our second dane and he get the zoomies out of control. He's only 5 months old right now so it's a little nerve racking when he does it inside. Had anyone had any luck with getting their attention when they are in full on zoomie mode?

Our bigest concern is our daughter who is just starting to walk so we have to make sure when he gets the zoomies, shes out of the way.
            Owe that must be scary when there is a real little one. My kids are 5 and 6 so I can tell them to stand back. We were kind of just tackling him or saying to your bed to stop him. He actually has been pretty good lately and haven't had to do anything. Plus now I know about them and I have been just letting him get it out of his system.
            sigpic

Comment

Well darn! That explains it!

Nobody and I mean, nobody told me about the zoomies.

It happened this morning, after his morning's . Then BAM he hit against the fence, turned around, ran up onto the back porch (thank goodness for the temporary ramp!). Ran off the back porch, back into the yard, flipped (he was on the 20ft leash), I let go of the leash, he got up and ran towards the mulch. Grabbed the mulch, spun around my kids' playground, ran towards the fence (close call), came towards me. I thought he was going to fly up to me. Then, he came to a complete stop and allowed me to retrieve the mulch out of his mouth. He acted as if nothing happened and waited for me to take him back into the house.

I thought: What the heck just happened?!?

I must admit, I was nervous about the potential bloat. He had just completed his breakfast five minutes prior.

Usually, he'd take a nap shortly after breakfast/potty. He didn't, not until 1 1/2 hours later. *sighs*

Debbie
              Life-long dog owner, but first time Great Dane owner
              "Gilligan" (born 5.7.2013)

Comment

Zeus used to get incredible zoomies 2 times a day, almost like clockwork. One time he was zooming through the house and I didn't move out of the way in time. He couldn't turn fast enough, so he decided to try duck through my legs. Needless to say, I (very suddenly and surprisingly) took a little ride on his back through the living room.

He was still getting the zoomies at almost 10 years old before cancer took him. Oh, how I miss my Zeuster Rooster.
                sigpic
                RIP my sweet Zeus Boy. I'll always love you. 08/28/01 - 08/23/11
                Levi...born June 29th, 2011
                Stella...Gotcha Day May 19th, 2013 (born February 26, 2012)
                Levi and Stella's Facebook page:
                https://www.facebook.com/LeviAndStella?ref=hl

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie F View Post
                  Well darn! That explains it!

Nobody and I mean, nobody told me about the zoomies.

It happened this morning, after his morning's . Then BAM he hit against the fence, turned around, ran up onto the back porch (thank goodness for the temporary ramp!). Ran off the back porch, back into the yard, flipped (he was on the 20ft leash), I let go of the leash, he got up and ran towards the mulch. Grabbed the mulch, spun around my kids' playground, ran towards the fence (close call), came towards me. I thought he was going to fly up to me. Then, he came to a complete stop and allowed me to retrieve the mulch out of his mouth. He acted as if nothing happened and waited for me to take him back into the house.

I thought: What the heck just happened?!?

I must admit, I was nervous about the potential bloat. He had just completed his breakfast five minutes prior.

Usually, he'd take a nap shortly after breakfast/potty. He didn't, not until 1 1/2 hours later. *sighs*

Debbie
                  LOL I had know idea of Zoomies either. I was starting to get worried about the bloat also. That is when he seems to have them also after he eats
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mommy to Zeus View Post
                    Zeus used to get incredible zoomies 2 times a day, almost like clockwork. One time he was zooming through the house and I didn't move out of the way in time. He couldn't turn fast enough, so he decided to try duck through my legs. Needless to say, I (very suddenly and surprisingly) took a little ride on his back through the living room.

He was still getting the zoomies at almost 10 years old before cancer took him. Oh, how I miss my Zeuster Rooster.
                    LOL Oh that must of been a good laugh after that episode. So sorry for your loss of Zeus. Hope the good memories make you smile.
                    sigpic

Comment

this thread made me lol... i remember reading about the zoomies before i got my Cliff... i was sitting in the living room at 2:30 in the MORNING ... i woke him up on my way in from work (i'm a bartender so thats why it was so late) i took him out of his crate to do his business in the yard... and as soon as i sat on that couch when we got back in he took off like a bat out of hell ... i cant believe all the ruckus did not wake up my boyfriend and our other dog who were directly above us at the time... he was seriously like a mini tornado. i was scared that he was going to bust a hole right through one of our living room walls or take out the flatscreen. i was sad i was the only one awake to witness his first zoomie attack ...i laughed for a solid minute after. dogs are great aren't they?

Comment

Ours is almost 17 weeks now and I think Lola Kate started to zoom around 10 or 11 weeks. It seems to happen most frequently in connection with water. An already clumsy pup with wet feet on hardwood floors getting the zombies is pretty crazy. We worry about her really hurting herself one day in her slip sliding laps around the house but we have had no luck redirecting her outside mid zoomie.

Comment

Originally posted by shimmer139 View Post
                          this thread made me lol... i remember reading about the zoomies before i got my Cliff... i was sitting in the living room at 2:30 in the MORNING ... i woke him up on my way in from work (i'm a bartender so thats why it was so late) i took him out of his crate to do his business in the yard... and as soon as i sat on that couch when we got back in he took off like a bat out of hell ... i cant believe all the ruckus did not wake up my boyfriend and our other dog who were directly above us at the time... he was seriously like a mini tornado. i was scared that he was going to bust a hole right through one of our living room walls or take out the flatscreen. i was sad i was the only one awake to witness his first zoomie attack ...i laughed for a solid minute after. dogs are great aren't they?
                          Too funny. I can't believe how fast they go around and around. Oh and so loud with those big feet. I can't believe he didn't wake anyone.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LolaKate View Post
                            Ours is almost 17 weeks now and I think Lola Kate started to zoom around 10 or 11 weeks. It seems to happen most frequently in connection with water. An already clumsy pup with wet feet on hardwood floors getting the zombies is pretty crazy. We worry about her really hurting herself one day in her slip sliding laps around the house but we have had no luck redirecting her outside mid zoomie.
                            I would worry some times also. One time Mongo wiped out in the kitchen so now he keeps his zoomies to carpet areas. Lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X