Silly Puppy in Crazy Mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly Puppy in Crazy Mode

I don't know how to explain it but every once in a while usually when he comes in to the house from being out side. Mongo goes crazy and starts doing laps around our living room at full speed and won't stop unless you grab him. Some times he will listen when you say go to your bed and he will go in to his crate.

Does anyone else's silly puppy do this? Just can't figure out what triggers this and I'm sure it's not going to be pretty when he is full size. LOL
    sigpic

Those are called zoomies. We only let Rupert do them in the yard. Otherwise we'd have mass destruction in the house. lol
    ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Zoomies!!! I have no clue as to what triggers them. Moose is 2 1/2 years old and even after a walk I sometimes see his eyes light up, a little hesitation and then off he zooms around the yard, around and around several times. He sounds like a horse! Lol! We just move out of the way and let him run with his joyful, wild abandon. We definitely don't want to be in his Zoomie path though. Lol! Then he's done and we just walk quietly back in the house.

Comment

LMAO Oh boy it has a name "zoomies"? I guess he isn't going to grow out of it any time soon. Ok so I will have to send him back out side when he gets like that.
        sigpic

Comment

oh yeah.. she does laps.. sometimes she will reverse and do them the other way. the zoomies.. jules and i have learnt to just step aside and observe..
          sigpic

my beautiful blue-eyed babe

Comment

Too funny. Mongo does that also. Some times he hip checks the couch to get a better turn. Lol
            sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah.... Briar is 4 years old, and still gets a daily dose of zoomies ! Up and over the sofa, or leaping from one sofa to another, clearing the coffee table, and us plastered against a wall, attempting to get to the back door while yelling "Zoomies OUTSIDE !" We then follow her outside, toss a ball or stuffie at her, and watch her run at breakneck speed through the yard, figure 8 around the sycamore trees.....at 2 years old she would do 4 or 5 turns around the yard. Now we get about 2 to 3.

Gotta love the zoomies !!!

Andi

Comment

ZOOMIES.....just get out of the way

Comment

I've had a Dane on human zoomie crash before, it hurts

Comment

Those are some funny stories.

I bet everyone must have a funny story when they do that. It could be it's own zoomie thread.
                    sigpic

Comment

pea and bentley both get a case of the zoomies immediately after a bath.

pea gets zoomies right after i've trimmed her nails. it's almost like she's saying "YAYYYY i survived it again!!!!!!"
                      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Very Funny
                        sigpic

Comment

Bug gets the zoomies right after bath time or when ever he gets wet at all...coming in from the rain, stepping in a puddle, anything with water will set it off. XD

Comment

Originally posted by MongosMommy View Post
                            Those are some funny stories.

I bet everyone must have a funny story when they do that. It could be it's own zoomie thread.
                            Oh yes, and if you use the search feature here and type "zoomie" you will get a lot of threads, and some have photos and even better videos! You can also youtube "Dane Zoomies" and see some videos I think.

It is a common behavior and most slow down and have them less frequently as they mature but some seniors will still do them. Enjoy and be careful!
                            sigpicIntroducing Miss Maggie Maggie - 3 Years Old

Comment

My little guy will be 13 weeks tomorrow and he only gets mini zooms. Afterwards, of course, he needs a two hour nap.

Comment

Working...
                              X