martingale collars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• martingale collars

For those of you using martingale collars.
    What width do you have?
    1", 1.5" ....
    and why did you choose that width? For comfort? For safety? For cosmetics?
    Jacki___________________
    Molly: 4.5 yr old Chihuahua/Dachshund - Fawn
    Bella: 2.5 yr Dane - Black. Harley: 3 yr Dane - Merle. Oliver: 5 yr old Feline Furball - Grey/White
    sigpic

"An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language." — Martin Buber

I use a 2in, I like the look and I think it's probably more comfortable.
    sigpic
    "Mom, he's touching me"
    Emily - Mom of Mick (12yo collie/aussie), Rosie (9yo fawn dane) and Keebler (4yo black dane)

Comment

I have a 1.5" for both my kids.

Greta's is just to hang her tags on at this point because she requires a harness now.

Nero's is for safety and walking. For me it was durability, I had to replace Nero's three times because of fraying. Also for comfort for him, to spread out the "pull" line. That was when he was a smaller crack head that had "learning disabilities" (as we refer to it).

Comment

For everyday use, I use a 1 1/2 flat collar, but for "dressy" occassions, I like the 2 inch martingales. I also think the wider collars look more comfortable and I like the look. Here's Hank modeling one of the 2 inch collars...

sigpic
        Hank 02/07/2010
        Sam 08/25/2007 - 06/28/2013

Comment

We've always used the 2" width for purely cosmetic reasons though.

Comment

I use the one inch all webbing type. I dont like having collars on at all and I would rather see my beautiful Dane's neck than a pretty collar. Just my opinion. Logan has had the same collar for almost 4 years now & I've never had a problem with fraying, strength, safety, etc.
            "I don’t care if a dog is 150 pounds or 10 pounds, and whether the issue is leash manners or biting visitors. There are no dogs who need a heavier hand—there are only trainers who need more knowledge and a lighter touch." Suzanne Clothier
            sigpic
            Rocky & Emma
            Follow our adventures at
            www.instagram.com/spottedangels

Comment

Riddle's martingale is close to 3" and I love it. It's leather lined and awesome. I'm so sad that it's almost too small now I wish I could get another one, but I got it at a silent auction at a dog show and have no idea where it came from.
              Zephyr CGN, RE, TT- crazy harlequin
              Divine Acres Riddle Me This- regal fawn

http://thegrownups.ca/ on life and (not) growing up.

Comment

You guys should check out collarmehappy.com - they have some really nice ones there
                Renee

Comment

Originally posted by kayla baxter View Post
                  Riddle's martingale is close to 3" and I love it. It's leather lined and awesome. I'm so sad that it's almost too small now I wish I could get another one, but I got it at a silent auction at a dog show and have no idea where it came from.
                  His collar looks like a dog-art collar (dog-art.net). I feel like I've seen that ribbon before and the craftsmanship looks familiar. You can send her your own ribbon too, which I really like. I have dinosaur ribbon picked out for a dog-art martingale.

Comment

Originally posted by kayla baxter View Post
                    Have you seen 2hounds designs? It looks a little like this one, no?

http://www.2houndsdesign.com/2-Fores...D-pr-1350.html

Btw, that's a gorgeous photo!
                    sigpic

my beautiful blue-eyed babe

Comment

Originally posted by RottenVonSpotten View Post
                      His collar looks like a dog-art collar (dog-art.net). I feel like I've seen that ribbon before and the craftsmanship looks familiar. You can send her your own ribbon too, which I really like. I have dinosaur ribbon picked out for a dog-art martingale.
                      It does look a lot like those! It had the same slip lead type martingale part instead of the traditional style. I'll have to spend some time looking on there.
                      Zephyr CGN, RE, TT- crazy harlequin
                      Divine Acres Riddle Me This- regal fawn

http://thegrownups.ca/ on life and (not) growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by jackio View Post
                        For those of you using martingale collars.
                        What width do you have?
                        1", 1.5" ....
                        and why did you choose that width? For comfort? For safety? For cosmetics like?
                        I think, the last of is very important. If the cosmetics is not too good, the problems appear rather quickly. So this is not the first way and approach to choose the correct brand.
                        Last edited by placygilmort; 08-24-2020, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X