Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone needs a hug and a pat on the back..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone needs a hug and a pat on the back..

i saw in one of the posts that solo was given up to a rescue..i think bri needs a hug and pat on the back..i know that is was very hard for her to part with him..i know she loved him and wanted whats best even though she couldnt give it to him..bri i know that you are reading the posts and im sure you think we were attacking you we were not..we wanted you to realize that a puppy in his situation needed more care than you could give..he needed full time care..i know you dont see it now but you did the right thing..maybe you can get a puppy that doesnt have special needs ..

hugs

jenny

Just taking one day at a time

RE: Someone needs a hug and a pat on the back..

I haven't seen this post, but I would like to say that it was a very selfless thing you did finding Solo a home which could devote the time and attention a deaf/blind dog needs. I can only imagine how hard it was for you, but as his mommy it was the right thing to do, the best thing for him. Good luck!

Comment

It is a very hard thing to give up something you love for its own good. Congratulations Bri, that shows a lot of character.

Comment

Good for you, Bri. Unfortunately in life, the best lessons are the hardest to learn. Don't give up - you have a big heart and one day when your circumstances allow, you'll be able to provide a loving home to another special dog. Please keep us updated, if you can, on the efforts to find Solo a new home. You have done the right thing, and I applaud you for it.
        My best boy, Trooper.
        sigpic

Comment

It was a very hard thing to do and my heart goes out to you.

Please keep us posted.

~Bonnie ~
          May ♥ The ♥ Paw ♥ Be ♥ With ♥ You!

Comment

Bri, it takes a special person to realize when they have bitten off more than they can chew. Please know that everyone here was only tyring to do what is best for Solo, as you where. I know you must be struggling right with some hard emotions, but please know that you did the right thing. Unfortunately, at this time in your life, your heart was bigger than your wallet and your time. I'm glad you made the right choice!

Comment

Yes, you definitely did the right thing.

Comment

Bri, you certainly did the right thing, and I commend you for it. I know you had Solo's best interests at heart when you got him, but turning him over to rescue so that he can get exactly what he needs was the ultimate act of love for him.
                sigpic
                RIP my sweet Zeus Boy. I'll always love you. 08/28/01 - 08/23/11
                Levi...born June 29th, 2011
                Stella...Gotcha Day May 19th, 2013 (born February 26, 2012)
                Levi and Stella's Facebook page:
                https://www.facebook.com/LeviAndStella?ref=hl

Comment

Hurray for Solo. I have prayed for this event to happen. now lets pray he gets a wonderful new home!! :-)

Comment

I do commend Solo's mom for giving him up. It was a hard decision. but this is where some people need to step back and take a look at blind and deaf dogs that are born. They should be euthanzed so that people like this won't have to go through the pain of giving them up. My 9 wk GD brother was blind and deaf and we put him down b/c we didn't want him to live like that. I think it is harder in the long run on the person (and the dog)who realizes the time and patience it takes to raise a special needs dog. I do respect you bri, for trying. I can't imagine what you are going through and my heart goes out to you and solo. I hope he finds a loving home.
                    Please don't read anything into this. I just think this story can make people understand what you have to go through with a special needs dog like solo. I wish you and him all the luck I have.
                    Angie, proud mama to 1 Great Dane, Mira and 3 mixes, 1 cat, 3 snakes and fish...also mama to 3 y/o identical twin girls

Comment

Bri,
                      Mira is right; these pups are full of love but in the long run, only give you heartbreak.
                      I applaud you for placing Solo...it is so much better for the pup even though hard on you. I have been following your story from day one and it has been very difficult for me to keep quiet.
                      But, when pups are born both deaf and blind, it is merciful to put them down for many, many reasons.
                      I pray you will find another 'new' GD baby to love, if that is what you wish...
                      hugs and a BIGGGG pat on the back,
                      Judy, Jerry, Wyatt and Clark
                      Judy, Jerry and Wyatt Colt

Comment

Oh for heaven's sake - I seem to be behind left and right these days... Yes, hopefully Solo then can find someone with more time. The desire and heart was always there I'm sure... just not the means.

Comment

i know how hard it is to part with an animal you love, and you clearly loved solo. im glad you made the decision-its better for him in the long run

as for culling def/blind pups-i agree with it whole heartedly. they are sweet and loving, jsut like any other dog, but there are not that many people out there with the time and devotion needed to care for them. they often end up in un-desireable situations and are cast away from the family which had brought them in. i saw this with several dogs when i volunteered.

good job bri, yo id what was best for you puppy

Comment

Working...
                          X