Housebreaking Regression??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housebreaking Regression??

Sway is 2.5 and hasnt had an accident since she was a puppy ~ Then, a week or so ago she got up in the middle of the night and pooped, puked and peed all over my floor. At first, I figured it to be a fluke.. Maybe I forgot to let her out before bed, she needed to go out ~ got really stressed and drank a bunch of water which lead to puking

Then, hubby gets up to leave for work at 5 this AM and stepped in urine, flipped on the light ~ Yup... She did it again.. Whats going on???

She is her old self in every other aspect ~ she gets let out right before bed every night.. I hate the idea of kenneling her at night

Obviously a vet visit may be in order ~ but could it be behavioral? Could she be regressing? Does that happen? Ugh..
    ~*Hailey*~
    sigpic
    Sway 4/21/10 - 11/26/13
    "Our hearts still ache in sadness, And secret tears still flow, What it meant to lose you, No one will ever know."

Have her checked for a UTI.

Comment

UTI was my first thought as she has had them before... but the pooping in the house was throwing me off ~ is that common?
      ~*Hailey*~
      sigpic
      Sway 4/21/10 - 11/26/13
      "Our hearts still ache in sadness, And secret tears still flow, What it meant to lose you, No one will ever know."

Comment

Sounds like she is sick in some way. I'd go to the vet. A dog isn't just going to have housebreaking regression, especially if they poop, pee, AND puke. Something is wrong, it may be upset tummy and nothing major, but I can't imagine it was regression of any sort.
        sigpic
        Merlin and Rexi

Comment

Originally posted by muffy View Post
          Sounds like she is sick in some way. I'd go to the vet. A dog isn't just going to have housebreaking regression, especially if they poop, pee, AND puke. Something is wrong, it may be upset tummy and nothing major, but I can't imagine it was regression of any sort.
          I agree. She doesn't feel well.

One time, my two human kids got the puke, poo flu at the same time. They were seven and eight years old. It was horrible, the mess everywhere. One of those three in the morning clean-up, nasty laundry loads, crying from exhaustion kind of nights... It wasn't as if they didn't KNOW to get to the bathroom--they just couldn't make it.
          Tracy
          sigpic
          Mouse April 2010
          Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

its just strange. I know with cats a UTI they will poop and pee outside of the box, so maybe she is doing the same?? IDK.

Her stools have been totaly normal, no fever, and her puke this AM looked like regurgitated food. Not much moisture to it at all ~ and super easy to clean up.. She is perfect during the day, no vomiting, no extra potty breaks.. full of energy. Its just all around odd. When she had a UTI as a puppy she would pee in odd places ~ her bed, my bed, the closet in my room etc.. not just right in the middle of the kitchen floor. All 3 messes this time were practically on top of each other.

I foresee a vet visit in our near future..
            ~*Hailey*~
            sigpic
            Sway 4/21/10 - 11/26/13

Comment

Working...
            X