Evening restlessness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening restlessness

For the past couple of evenings, Maggie has been so very restless. She goes to bed just fine, and has normal daytime behavior, but in the evenings, she just won't calm. It can be very irritating. I don't know what's wrong.

She gets into everything, even though she knows she's doing "bad" things. She RUNS, both inside and out, and constantly is on the wrong side of the inside/outside door. I take her out, she wants in. I have her in, she wants out. For the past few nights, after dark but before bedtime, she's pulled me around the entire yard checking things out. She sniffs the ground and is tense, but not alerted to anything. She barks for no reason, but only when she's inside. I try to make her "show me" what she wants, and she just wags at me. I give her attention, she loves it. I play, she loves it. She stops when she wants, but then is right back up and checking things out. She's "forgetting" her commands, and seems to have selective hearing. This has gone on for 1-3 hours for 3-4 evenings now. Then, all of a sudden, she just....stops. It's like somebody flipped a light switch. Whatever it is, it's driving me insane.

Is this normal? Is it the "teen years" for my pup?

She's 13 weeks now. She's eating normally, has normal bathroom habits, sleeps well, and appears otherwise normal and healthy. IF this continues, I'll be calling my vet on Monday and making an appointment.
    ~Sheila
    Mom to 2 human kids, a 13 year old tabby named Pepper (RIP 5/2013), a 10 year old Ragdoll mix cat named Annie, Dory, the Shelter Kitty, Gizmo the 3 year old most awesome mutt ever, and Maggie, keeper of my heart.

hate to break it to ya.. but she's a puppy

she's nowhere near "teenagerdom" yet...

Sounds like she needs more physical and/or mental exercise to wear her lil butt out!
    Be the change you want to see in the world!

Odin's Adventures

Comment

She gets there, eventually. I guess we'll just have to play longer and harder!

I guess it's been so long since we've had such a young puppy that I've forgotten what normal puppy behavior is like!
      ~Sheila
      Mom to 2 human kids, a 13 year old tabby named Pepper (RIP 5/2013), a 10 year old Ragdoll mix cat named Annie, Dory, the Shelter Kitty, Gizmo the 3 year old most awesome mutt ever, and Maggie, keeper of my heart.

Comment

Working...
      X