• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPEECHLESS!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Meatos View Post
      Wow, I'm surprised GR is the one giving you trouble. She has been around FOREVER so maybe she's a little bit old school. The instructor I had was female, her name began with A.
      Her attitude seems to be "I've been doing this for over 20 years and I know what every dog needs and they all need the exact same thing." My boss saw the same thing from her and she flat out told my coworker with a basset hound mix that she was a selfish jerk for even investigating recreational (NON-COMPETITIVE) agility as a way for her dog to get exercise and be mentally stimulated.
      1 Great Dane - Castiel (white-deaf and visually impaired). 4 cats - Shinigami, Peter Parker, Dial Home Device aka DHD and Mobile Analytical Laboratory Probe aka MALP. 3 reformed feeder rats - Steve , Tony and Bruce. 1 sugar glider - Donna.

A home with a wealth of animals, on our journey to becoming a home with a wealth of animals and a dearth of clutter.

Comment

Wow. I would have left too.

I knew someone with a deaf dane. What he taught the dog was kinda cool for his recall and to get his attention when he was distracted. The dog naturally did stay close anyway, so I assume this is why it worked so well. He used a laser light and when he shined it on the ground and it caught Jacks attention he would immediately look at his owner and came to him. Then he was rewarded. It worked well except in broad sunlight of course.
        --Vickie--
        sigpic

Deacon - Harl born 2-10-09
        Noodle - Black born 7-4-09

Comment

Cas got his vibration collar today, so we're going to be able to do a lot more distance and recall work with him. Additionally, last night, my boss had the head of another training school in. Polar opposite to the other one. This one wants me to come do a trial class for sniffer dog training. Having listened to his behavioural issues and knowing who we're working with on his issues, she thinks he's an excellent candidate for sniffer who would have a lot of fun. Obviously, we're not going to do Search and Rescue work with him (danes aren't candidates with any of the local groups) but she thinks it would be something fun for him and us to do and it shouldn't exacerbate any behaviour issues but it will engage his brain and his critical thinking.
          1 Great Dane - Castiel (white-deaf and visually impaired). 4 cats - Shinigami, Peter Parker, Dial Home Device aka DHD and Mobile Analytical Laboratory Probe aka MALP. 3 reformed feeder rats - Steve , Tony and Bruce. 1 sugar glider - Donna.

A home with a wealth of animals, on our journey to becoming a home with a wealth of animals and a dearth of clutter.

Comment

Working...
          X