Kojak gets desexed tomorrow!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kojak gets desexed tomorrow!

Well after listening to everyone on here, we have decided to give Kojak the snip tomorrow. He goes in to be desexed & I'm so scared for him.

I know it's no guarantee but I do hope that his behaviour will change.

I'm more worried about how to keep him from licking for 6-10 days. He wont wear the bucket over his head I know he wont.

Has anyone used the bitter ointment & does it work?

Well fingers crossed for tomorrow.

He'll do just fine! Sending quick healing vibes for Kojak!
    sigpic

Comment

I'm glad you're doing this...he will be fine. don't worry. my pup is crazy and had eye surgery very young. i didn't think he'd tolerate the cone either, but he did ok. we got some prescription mellow pills for the first few days since he could have done permanant damage if he messed with his eye.

don't worry
      Carynn & Jax
      sigpic
      RIP Diesel ~ April 2000 (about) - Sept 19, 2011
      Rescued from a life of abuse & starvation at 3, lost to cancer at 11 1/2
      Love you always.

Comment

I have always had more issues with foster females licking their incision. We put a sock or shirt on them and wrap it so they can't lick.

I have never had a foster or personal male dog mess with their incision more than an initial check over. I do use the bitter spray for hot spots on dogs and it works great for us.

Comment

Good luck Kojak! He'll be fine. I was a nervous wreck when Macho had his procedure a few weeks ago. LOL "desexed" He'll still be a guy, just with an empty scrotal sac!

The only thing that bothered Macho afterwards was the E-collar. It made him so sad. I had to do something after he got caught on the crown molding. I bought the BiteNot collar, but I found out later that a beach towel and duct tape also do the trick. http://www.dolforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71644
          sigpic
          <, and Stef
          <'
          What do you call cheese that isn't yours? Macho Cheese!!

Comment

He'll be fine.

Lurch had his done last week and I was more nervous than he was! He even wore the cone for the first couple days, we still put it on him at night or when we are not able to keep an eye on him...he bows his head like "Aw man, not again Mom! I swear I won't touch it." It's so cute.

Good luck to Kojak!

Comment

Ok things have changed!

Since booking the desexing for tomorrow, a behavourist returned our call & advised us to hold off desexing Kojak until he works with him.

He believes the issues with Kojak will not change with desexing.

I spoke to the vet & put it on hold & rescheduled for another couple of weeks.

I'm really confused now, not sure if he has given me the correct advice however, I guess I will do anything for a positive outcome.

I know a lot of you are for desexing regardless from your previous threads however, I'm just wondering if anyone has tried the training before desexing.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kojak View Post
                Ok things have changed!

Since booking the desexing for tomorrow, a behavourist returned our call & advised us to hold off desexing Kojak until he works with him.

He believes the issues with Kojak will not change with desexing.

I spoke to the vet & put it on hold & rescheduled for another couple of weeks.

I'm really confused now, not sure if he has given me the correct advice however, I guess I will do anything for a positive outcome.

I know a lot of you are for desexing regardless from your previous threads however, I'm just wondering if anyone has tried the training before desexing.

Thanks.

Well, in your last thread a combination of desexing and training was recommended.

Solely doing one or the other won't solve your problems.

It's really that simple. And the longer you wait to do "anything for a positive outcome", the harder your job will be.

Cindy
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X