Ahh! 8 motnhs old!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahh! 8 motnhs old!

Soooo Foster is regressing with training. I know it's probably the beginning of the dreaded teenage phase!! OMGoodness.. he won't stay sitting for a treat. he is jumping up when I feed him which before now he is excitable but waits patiently for me ot put his bowl down! Zoomies galore!! Bathtime is still great, but he is definitely eating the door (only 1 and no drywall yet). He hat my husbands work hat which didn't bode well. But we love him, and sometimes it is too funny to be mad at. but i think it is here... teenage.. AGHH!!
    sigpic
    Wife
    Mom to 4 human kids
    Foster (Dane) 11/24/2011-12/21/2012

Emi went through a similar phase between seven and 11 months old... I think they hit a stage where they have a good grasp on what is and is not acceptable and begin wanting to test your limits... but that is just an opinion and i am no expert haha

just hang in there, they eventually turn back into the well behaved puppy you knew and loved OH so much
    • Merle Dane - Emi
    • Brindle Dane - Elroy

Comment

I have noticed that with the rescue we get more male (& some females) GD's between 10mos & 1 1/2yrs than all the other ages added together. Now that should tell ya something. lol (the females usually come in once they're bred out)
      Also, don't forget you recently added a new one to the family. That may have an effect on his behavior.
      Last edited by reynosa_k9's; 07-26-2012, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Yeah.. I'm with you.. Odin's pushing the limits these days too.

I'm of the camp that I'm gonna exhaust him every day through this stage..
        Be the change you want to see in the world!

Odin's Adventures

Comment

I have nooo doubt that Micki has SOMETHING to do with his behavior, but I mostly realize that as jealousy. He gets between me and her, but I give him his time alone, we go on walks and do our training separatly. He will settle down I sure. But even before Micki came along, he was beginning to "test" me for sure.
          sigpic
          Wife
          Mom to 4 human kids

Comment

Originally posted by Odin's Mom View Post
            Yeah.. I'm with you.. Odin's pushing the limits these days too.

I'm of the camp that I'm gonna exhaust him every day through this stage..

OMG we have a river running through our neighborhood, I need to take him nightly down there and let him run until he cant anymore. LOL
            sigpic
            Wife
            Mom to 4 human kids

Comment

Working...
            X