Coupla Books..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupla Books..

...that might be of interest to one or the other: "Final Hope: Gaining Control of Your Aggressive Dog" (Stephen J Joubert) / "Living with a Deaf Dog" (Susan Cope-Becker) / "The Art of Raising a Puppy" (Monks of Skete) and the "Chicken Soup for the Pet-Lover's Soul" and "for the Cat/Dog Lover's Soul" (various authors). These latter 2 I read on a recent air line trip and spent half the time with watery eyes (something I don't often do).. but these had some really heartwarming pet stories in there and made for great reading. They also have sections in there dealing with the loss of a pet that may offer some comfort. Just thought I'd mention these..

RE: Coupla Books..

Has anyone read Meet Me In The Doghouse by David Colen? This is not a book about dog training. It is about a couple and their Great Danes. The book is out of print now but you might find a copy of it in your public library. I think anyone who loves Danes would enjoy reading it.

Comment

The books by the Monks of New Skete, "The Art of Raising a Puppy," and "How to be your Dog's Best Friend," were a huge help to us when our Dane was a pup. They helped us learn the importance of consistency and positive reinforcement.

Does anyone know of any recent Dane specific books that are recommended? The two that I have now are "The Great Dane," by Nicholas, and "The Great Dane, Dogdom's Apollo," by Draper. Anything more up to date with modern veterinary understanding of the breed would be great.

Comment

We bought "The Great Dane : Model of Nobility" by Jill Swedlow. The book has been very helpful in gaining knowledge about the breed, health and welfare information as well as dane specific info on colors, breeding and obedience. A great all around book for a new dane owner.

Comment

Thanks. I was poking around Amazon.com last night and saw that one. Glad to hear your opinion.

Comment

Working...
          X