"shame on you!"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "shame on you!"

We are teaching him when we say "Shame on you", he puts his paw over his nose and lays down. Cutest dog ever!!!!
    sigpic
    Mommy to Derrick and Madison and furbaby Zane!

Nitro does the same but her cue is "Hide from the puperazzi"
    It's a cute trick
    sigpic
    Nitro- Female Mastiff x Dane - July 3, 2010 - July 27, 2013 (RIP Sweet Girl)
    Moose - Male Great Dane - June 3, 2011
    Rush - Male Great Dane - April 8th, 2015 (MBPIS MBPIG Can. GCH Group Placing Paquestone's Intense Rush)

Comment

You guys have got to tell me how you did that!!
      sigpic

Mom to Harley *Great Dane* Sadie *GS/Boxer* Sneakers *Bengal Cat* Lil Bit *Munchkin Cat* Boozer *Devil Cat* and Squishy *Hedgehog*RIP

Comment

Originally posted by beckybeird View Post
        We are teaching him when we say "Shame on you", he puts his paw over his nose and lays down. Cutest dog ever!!!!
        We wanted to do that with George (his cue would be "ruh-ro George") but we couldn't get him to put his paw over his nose. I'd love to hear how you did it.
        sigpic

Willow says: Can I have my apple, please?

Comment

Oh, me too!
          sigpic

Kiizhik-LabXRotti (1999-2012) R.I.P. baby girl.
          Gimaakwe-LabX (2004-
          Deaglan-Dane (May 2008-Feb 26, 2016) RIP My Sweet Boy.
          Jadzia-Dane (2010-
          Gallagher-Irish Wolfhound (Dec 4, 2016-

Comment

For us it was a mannerism that Nitro always did... to be honest I think it was allergy related to scratch her face because she does it less now that we switched to grain free.

I started making a really big deal of when she did it and she would immediately get a puppy party and then a cookie. She's SUPER food driven so she would do it whenever I stood next to the cookie jar. I then started saying the word Pupparazzi whenever she did it and she started putting the two together. Whenever she didn't do it I would lift her paw, place it on her nose and then offer a treat while holding her paw there OR I would gently tickle her nose and she'd immediately try to scratch it and then she'd get a treat. She's pretty quick so it only took a few weeks for her to lock it down. We practiced a lot when she was laying down too because it was just easier that way (less managing of long limbs).
            Attached Files
            sigpic
            Nitro- Female Mastiff x Dane - July 3, 2010 - July 27, 2013 (RIP Sweet Girl)
            Moose - Male Great Dane - June 3, 2011
            Rush - Male Great Dane - April 8th, 2015 (MBPIS MBPIG Can. GCH Group Placing Paquestone's Intense Rush)

Comment

I have done that with my lab and first dane. Their cue was "can you hide". Everyone loved that trick!

I put a piece of scotch tape lightly on the bridge of the nose and then naturally they paw at it. Each time they pawed it, I rewarded it and then eventually added the verbiage. With my lab, it only took a few short sessions, with my dane, a little longer.
              Mary
              Eve, sweet couch potato DA GD, 2009-
              Louie, rescue cat, 2011-
              Jazz, sweet, loving GD, 2008-2010
              Max, BYB GD, 2000-2007
              Gabby, rescue Lab, 1998-2008
              Dusty, rescue sheltie mix, 1980-1992

Comment

Originally posted by maryw View Post
                I have done that with my lab and first dane. Their cue was "can you hide". Everyone loved that trick!

I put a piece of scotch tape lightly on the bridge of the nose and then naturally they paw at it. Each time they pawed it, I rewarded it and then eventually added the verbiage. With my lab, it only took a few short sessions, with my dane, a little longer.
                This is how we started teaching Zane.
                sigpic
                Mommy to Derrick and Madison and furbaby Zane!

Comment

Originally posted by maryw View Post
                  With my lab, it only took a few short sessions, with my dane, a little longer.
                  Ain't it the truth! What Valor (Pom mix) can pick up in 3 sessions will take Leo 3 weeks!
                  Misty, Leonidas (Dane), and Valor (Pomeranian Mix)
                  Current 52 Photo Project:http://flic.kr/s/aHsjDu8ALZ

Comment

I am so teaching this one to Disco!!! And I thought the bow was cute, lol!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X