Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McConnell and London join Forces with New Book!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McConnell and London join Forces with New Book!

Patricia McConnell and Karen London have written a book together! It is called, "Love Has No Age Limit, Welcoming an Adopted Dog onto Your Home".

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Love-Limit-Welcoming-Adopted-into-Your/dp/1891767143/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314732959&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Love Has No Age Limit-Welcoming an Adopted Dog into Your Home (9781891767142): Patricia B. McConnell Ph.D., Karen B. London Ph.D.: Books[/ame]

Actually, it is a booklet, they kept the price rock-bottom low. I believe it is same price whether from Dogwise or Amazon. This is a fabulous book to have in your home if you have a current rescue or adding another in a few years. It doesn't matter!! Please get this!

There are many issues and things to think about with dogs that already have a history, and many times, an unknown history. Many times we envision the happy happy love love perfect life, but in most cases with rescue you need patience and must slowly build towards "happy together". Ms McConnell and Ms London felt there just were not enough resourses to help with adoptions like this. Includes advice from the car ride home, advice on training, and frequent dilemmas that people encounter.

If I were rich I would buy every one they had and give them to all the rescues to hand out!
    June, Bumper (deaf & blind), Joey, Daisy, and Angel Ann (deaf)
    RIP Dakota Blue Moon
    Oct 27, 2006, Oct 01, 2012

"I'd tell ya...but I'd have ta lick ya"
    sigpic

And you know what? Since it has been weighing heavy on my mind lately, It wouldn't be a bad book to keep around if you foster, too!
    June, Bumper (deaf & blind), Joey, Daisy, and Angel Ann (deaf)
    RIP Dakota Blue Moon
    Oct 27, 2006, Oct 01, 2012

"I'd tell ya...but I'd have ta lick ya"
    sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a must read for sure!

Comment

Working...
      X