X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yttkuarLily
    started a topic Biting has stopped! Simple Remedy

Biting has stopped! Simple Remedy

An update on 16 mo old Lily and her problems with the zoomies and severe biting: Some of you may have arms that have looked like my wife's and mine...scabs and scars from biting. For a while we were becoming concerned that Lily would have to be dealt with in a way we did not want to even think about. I have mentioned here in other posts about her zoomies and biting, that after our vet advised giving her Gabapentin, it did help, but still had biting problems. I had tried so many training methods, but she still bit at the door as we left and as she became excited. SO HERE IS THE REMEDY! I had watched Jeff Gellman's Solid K9 Training videos and for the most part thought some of his advice was rather severe for my taste. BUT, one of his videos he was dealing with a very aggressive kennel dog that was terrible. As he was initiating his introduction to the dog at the kennel door, it lunged at him trying to bite. He gave it a short quick blast of compressed air with a small hand held device. The dog did not lunge again. I thought, WOW, that might work on Lily. It did! This was 3 weeks ago and I only had to do it twice. Once at the door and then when she tried to bite at my wife leaving for work. I used the air can that I use to clean my computer keyboard. Didn't have to buy anything. I now leave the can visible on the counter where she can see it. So far, just reaching for it when she thought about biting, has been all I need to do. NO MORE BITING AT ALL! It also brought an end to the nightly zoomies and I have stopped the Gabapentin completely. She all of a sudden has become a different dog. Her personality has become all that we ever hoped she would be. I know some of you may not have the same results, but you might try the short burst of air at the first sign of a coming bite. It has saved our Lily and our arms are healing up too.

• kahluadanes
    replied
    It sometimes takes different methods to find one that works. Glad you found one

Leave a comment:

• kahluadanes
    replied
    It sometimes takes different methods to find one that works. Glad you found one

Leave a comment:

Working...
X