The Great (crate) Escape

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great (crate) Escape

I am on my third Dane, my first female who is 18 months. She was crate trained from the day I brought her home at 3 months until a few weeks ago when she started exhibiting anxiety at being crated during bedtime. It got to the point that it made more sense (and sleep) to leave her out at night and have her free in the house and to her credit she had done very well with this. There are times, however, when she will need to be crated. Now the last few times I've crated her during the day and left the house I come home and she has gotten out of the crate. I can only think this is by using her weight in some manner against the door to spring it from the locks.
    Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts on a crate that may hold her and more importantly on how to get her calm while crated again?
    Oh, I've used this crate without issues for my first two males - could it be something regarding superior smarts in females of all species?

Thanks
    Duke

Originally posted by Duker View Post
    could it be something regarding superior smarts in females of all species?
    since i've never had a dog with crate issues and i can't give you any advice, let's just go with that ^

[SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
    X