Peeing in his kennel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peeing in his kennel

Hi , my puppy is 13 weeks old now and heís having some issues with excessive peeing !
    I put him in his kennel around 11 at night and within a few hours he just pees everywhere! On his bed dosnt matter
    he was in a small kennel that he could barely turn around in cause he grew so fast but now I got him a larger one that will fit him as an adult as well. No choice . So last night he went EVERYWHERE in it ! I know lots say baracade him off at night etc but he peed in his very small kennel too
    and when he does pee he just walks all over in it and dosnt care!
    I feel like heís old enough now to be figuring it out a bit? And to want to be more clean?
    Ugh hoping for some advice to help me out

what kind of a breeder did he come from? If he was kenneled and not kept clean at the breeder then it will be harder to train.. Plus he is young still to be dependable. TAKE him out every 45 -hour during the day.. TAKE him out just before bed make sure he finishes the job and doesn't get distracted... With hold water by 6 -7 in the evening.. Have him checked by the vet to rule out a UTI.
    sigpic
    Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
    Associate Member GDCNE
    Member GSPCA
    Member NAVHDA
    Member Central Maine Kennel Club
    High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Yes he has been and he had a very bad UTI
      the breeder wasnít good at all! She was dirty and he had had an infection when I got him
      heís good now but maybe he just has to lose all this bad habits now
      I take him out so much and after heís done I walk around after giving him his treat and after a few minutes say the potty words again and stand still he sometimes has a little more and other times he just waits by the door
      plus itís so cold outside so he dosnt like it at all
      He rings the bell when inside but last night my husband was watching him and he walked around the counter peeing as he walked Iím consistent but thatís about 4-5 feet of pee spread across my floor grrrr is there a way I can at least stop him from walking while he pees?

Comment

Unfortunately coming from the circumstances he did it will take longer to get him trained.. his natural instinct to be clean was blocked by the circumstances he grew up in from birth. It isn't a bad habit since he never learned anything different.. If you catch him in the act of peeing in the house.. interrupt him and get him outside quickly but don't call attention to accidents.. Keep him tethered to you, learn to watch for signs even though they may be subtle of when he is thinking about going and get him outside.. It will be a challenge and take time and patience as well as being persistent & consistent.
        sigpic
        Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
        Associate Member GDCNE
        Member GSPCA
        Member NAVHDA
        Member Central Maine Kennel Club
        High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Working...
        X