Breeder Dog - Show Dog - 5 Years Old - Bit me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeder Dog - Show Dog - 5 Years Old - Bit me

We were looking at an adult Dane (have had 2 before - one was a pup and one was 3 year-old breeder) and we took her in temporarily to see how she would adapt. She's has bee skidish. She has taken to my wide ok, but seems unsure of me. Yesterday she bit me, left a bruise on my finger, as approaching her to pet her. I approached very happily and deliberately. She has also growled at me and just seems to not like me. I fed her out of my hand yesterday evening to see if that would help. She did fine, but still seems uncomfortable. She seems very uncomfortable when I walk in the room. I think we are going to give her back to the breeder. Am I being shortsighted here? My take is that she just will never get used to me or like me. Any insight will help. And never did any of our previous Danes try and bite me.

I would give her back. This isn't going to end up being a good pet for you.

Comment

Thanks for the support. She seems to be loosening up, but I don't trust her. And now all she does is follow my wife around. My wife says that she is confused and nervous as she has been away from her own home for only a couple of days. And that may be the challenge, but maybe this is not a good situation for her either. We are giving her back.

Comment

I agree with Carol. You don't want to take a chance with such a large dog who can do much damage. Don't feel to badly, some dogs just don't like some people. It is what it is.
        ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

I agree that you need to give her back..
          sigpic
          Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
          Associate Member GDCNE
          Member GSPCA
          Member NAVHDA
          Member Central Maine Kennel Club
          High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Again, thanks for everyone's input. We gave her back.

Comment

Working...
            X