moving, looking for recomendations on new fence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving, looking for recomendations on new fence

I am moving in about a month in a half. The new house only has about a 4' fence. Currently our fence is only 4' in the fron and 6' in the back, and Gozilla has never been a jumper, but we are not ajoined to other yards now. The new home has neighbors on either side with pets, and the back goes to an alley/ditch. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

RE: moving, looking for recomendations on new fence

Thats a difficult question. In the last house I lived in, I had a 4' fence and it was no problem with 2 goldens and a dane. There was a place that because of erosion it was only 3' high if that. No one ever tried to get out of the yard. No one tried going over or under.

There are people who have dogs who will escape 6' fences.

If you haven't had problems in the past, you probably won't at the new house. Thats not a guarantee.

Bill Carnes
    www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm

"Unnatural diets predispose animals to unnatural outcomes"
    Dr. Tom Lonsdale

"If you won't eat what you are feeding your dog, its not good enough to feed him either."
    Bill Carnes

Comment

I guess it would make since to see how it goes before spending a bunch of money. I guess I am just paranoid about the pups next door. There have always been dogs running around loose where we currently live, and all he does is bark at them, or run the fence back and forth with the other dogs. The next doors chiuaua used to bully him all the time!

But if it comes down to it, and it makes me feel better, is there a way to extend chainlink fence higher, or do you have to build new fence inside and loose a foot around the whole yard?

Comment

We have 6 foot privacy fence and we put it up backwards so if they lean on they cant push boards off.

http://www.xceldanes.com/naptime_2.JPG
        Lisa
        www.xceldanes.com
        sigpicLisa
        www.xceldanes.com

Comment

Like Bill's, our fence is 4' and probably only 3' in one area. Frankie stands up there and surveys his kingdom and checks out what's going on out on the street. None of our dogs has ever shown the slightest desire to go over it, even when a dog strolls by.
          ~Patty~ I have the right to remain silent; I don't have the ability.

Comment

Working...
          X