Peeing And Running

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peeing And Running

Hello everyone! I have a 14 week old Merle pup that picked up the basics of potty traing rather quickly. He definitely knows to go outside and not inside. Sometimes he does still pee out of spite though. This, I'm not so concerned with. What I am concerned with is that he sometimes has a tendancy to pee while walking around in the house. The result is a very long line of pee that take a very long time to clean up. I am curious as to whether or not anyone has heard of this. Also, should I be concerned or is this just part of growing up.

Thanks So Much,
    Joe

RE: Peeing And Running

Pee out of spite?

What is he doing when he is peeing and moving at the same time? How often does it happen and what else is going on before during and after this? Is he crate trained? Is he home alone? How long have you had him and what method have you been using for potty training?

Comment

Puppies don't pee out of spite. It's not in their thought process. I would have him checked for a UTI.

Bill Carnes
      www.skylarzack.com/rawfeeding.htm
      www.k9goodbehavior.com

"Unnatural diets predispose animals to unnatural outcomes"
      Dr. Tom Lonsdale

Causing pain, either physical, mental, or emotional to an animal to force him to act as you think he should is wrong. Doing so only reflects the ignorance of the trainer. There IS a better way.

Comment

14 weeks is pretty young to be 100% potty trained. I know Cossie even though he did well, didn't know how to tell us that he had to go, he would just wait by the door and if we werent in the room it didnt do any good. Sometimes I think he waited until the last moment and would pee while he was walking/running because a) he knew it was bad or b) he was on his way to the door and didn't make it. He still had the occasional accident up to about 5 months old. Rarely, but it did happen.

Getting him checked out though is never a bad thing.

Comment

That's what I was thinking, too, he's just having to hold it too long.

Comment

Working...
          X