Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westminster 2016 Great Danes Streaming Live Today! (Not spam)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westminster 2016 Great Danes Streaming Live Today! (Not spam)

Figured I'd put the "not spam" warning on there because of the other streaming spam threads we see sometimes!

The Westminster Kennel Club is streaming live today, and was yesterday, as well. The Danes are up in ring 9 today at 12:45 ET. Here's a link to the streaming site:

http://characterchatter.usanetwork.com/wkc/show.php

And the judging program if anyone is interested in watching other breeds:

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org...ng_program.pdf

I'd love to watch the stream and chat with everyone about what they think about the dogs. It could be really informative and educational!
    sigpic

Thank you, I don't get the channel on tv!
    sigpic

Comment

Yay! So watching the Danes.

ETA: Is it streaming good for everyone else? For me the to half of the screen appears to be frozen, while the bottom half of the screen is working fine. Weird. :/

ETA again: Ah! Got it. If I put it in full screen it works fine.
      Last edited by 21softballstar; 02-16-2016, 08:30 AM.
      sigpic
      Willow and Liv

Comment

I was just watching the labs. They are all ridiculously fat. They couldn't water retrieve more than about twice.

I have to admit, if I wanted a puppy from most of these working/sporting breeds, I'd certainly look for performance titles, not AKC championship titles.
        Tracy
        sigpic
        Mouse April 2010
        Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by mnmouse View Post
          I was just watching the labs. They are all ridiculously fat. They couldn't water retrieve more than about twice.

I have to admit, if I wanted a puppy from most of these working/sporting breeds, I'd certainly look for performance titles, not AKC championship titles.
          It honestly seems like every single dog there is fat. I can see the mastiff fat jiggle as they walk, ha!

Hope the Danes aren't!
          sigpic
          Willow and Liv

Comment

Originally posted by mnmouse View Post

That's the conversation that's happening on my all breed community, concerning body condition of some so-called "sporting" breeds. They did comment on how the Labs and Mastiffs specifically weren't just "thick", some of them were straight up overweight. Apparently one of the Mastiffs wouldn't get up off of the floor at one point, not sure if it was laziness or the dog just being tired and having difficulty moving his bulk around.

Really chunky has become a theme for Labs and Mastiffs in the show ring, but I don't think any of the Danes will be overweight. They're still preferred lean and muscular by most judges, from what I've ever seen.

I'm switching back and forth between the Dobes and the BMDs. Some of these BMDs are so cute and so happy looking
            sigpic

Comment

Since the Danes are about to show, I suppose I can ask this question now: Why aren't Merles allowed to show? They have spots just like Harles, so can't be that, can it? Is it because they are gray?
              Last edited by 21softballstar; 02-16-2016, 10:41 AM.
              sigpic
              Willow and Liv

Comment

I'm tuned in! Can't wait
                sigpic

Peach, merle Great Dane
                Born July 7 2014
                Peach & Emily!

Comment

I love the lean athletic build on the second female harle -- #30 I believe.
                  sigpic

Peach, merle Great Dane
                  Born July 7 2014
                  Peach & Emily!

Comment

That Brindle can go nearly into a perfect stack!
                    sigpic
                    Willow and Liv

Comment

Originally posted by 21softballstar View Post
                      That Brindle can go nearly into a perfect stack!
                      That is quite the angulation!
                      sigpic

Peach, merle Great Dane
                      Born July 7 2014
                      Peach & Emily!

Comment

Only 1 Dane with natural ears!

Oh my gosh there's a little girl there! That Dane is nearly as big as her!

I love the harle Dane, #14, that the lady in all red clothes has. So gorgeous and BIG.
                        Last edited by 21softballstar; 02-16-2016, 11:21 AM.
                        sigpic
                        Willow and Liv

Comment

The harls seem huge! Wish more natural ear was shown. So disappointing.....
                          sigpic

Comment

Willow's a shrimp

And that Brindle has such skinny lil' legs! But is so tall!
                            Last edited by 21softballstar; 02-16-2016, 11:29 AM.
                            sigpic
                            Willow and Liv

Comment

I noticed that too. Only one natural earred dog? And only two mantles.

Pretty sure Monroe* is the one laying on the ground in the corner, haha. He seems like such an awesome dog.

I'm really rooting for Jefe. #22. I met him a few weeks ago and he is truly an amazing dog.
                              Last edited by Hiraeth; 02-16-2016, 11:29 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X