No announcement yet.

crazy ? about dog shows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's amazing. I wish our breeder lived close. We have to drive almost 7 hours one way to get there. She is the only breeder I found that left me with more answers than questions and actually had a litter coming up.The other was 17 hours away but unfortunately she isn't having a litter soon. It's hard to find a good breeder. I'm glad you have such a good relationship with yours! She certainly blessed you with a handsome big boy
    sigpicPatiently waiting for our new crew member

Comment

Originally posted by bjas2 View Post
      That's amazing. I wish our breeder lived close. We have to drive almost 7 hours one way to get there. She is the only breeder I found that left me with more answers than questions and actually had a litter coming up.The other was 17 hours away but unfortunately she isn't having a litter soon. It's hard to find a good breeder. I'm glad you have such a good relationship with yours! She certainly blessed you with a handsome big boy
      She is actually co-owns Ferg's dad, but she found Ferg for us. He came from Ohio. I am sure I will much prefer just driving down the road a bit to visit and pick up the next one lol. Where abouts do you live?
      sigpic
      Fergus
      SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
      Eisen Shark
      C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

I wish I could find a good breeder around here. I live in Southern Tennessee. The only breeder I found close that screens was 2 hours but something didn't click with that one. It will be worth the drive but I wish she was closer just in case I ever need her. It's scary going into owning a dane with no experience with the breed. Bloat terrifies me but there would be nothing she could do if she is closer. There were a few in Ohio I looked at but none breed the color I want.

Comment

Originally posted by bjas2 View Post
          I wish I could find a good breeder around here. I live in Southern Tennessee. The only breeder I found close that screens was 2 hours but something didn't click with that one. It will be worth the drive but I wish she was closer just in case I ever need her. It's scary going into owning a dane with no experience with the breed. Bloat terrifies me but there would be nothing she could do if she is closer. There were a few in Ohio I looked at but none breed the color I want.
          What color are you looking for? My breeder is from Ohio. She's about 4 hours from me. We keep in touch via phone, email, text, and Facebook, so I feel like I have plenty of support even though she's not that close.
          sigpic
          Chaucey
          Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Yes, what color? I know a harl/mantle breeder in Ohio (obviously, since that's where Ferg is from lol) but she is closer to PA, so might not be ideal. I also know of one in NC, which was where I was originally going to get a pup.
            sigpic
            Fergus
            Eisen Shark

Comment

My top choice is black or blue. Second would be harl, BUT the type of harl I would want would probably only be sold as a show prospect. I'm not sure why but I have always loved black dogs and they just seem regal to me. That was the only color I wanted when I first started looking but now that I have been on dol and I see everyone's beauties I am starting to appreciate them all and fall for blues and harls. From my understanding harls are hard to come by when you're not showing. The breeder I have been talking to breeds mostly black but she has a blue bitch as well.

Comment

Yeah, I think harls are most always sold as show prospects. There's always a mismark mantle. I'm crossing my fingers that there is a sweet little Merle mantle beastie in the litter I'm waiting on. They're my fave.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
                sigpic
                Fergus
                Eisen Shark

Comment

Working...
                X