What would you think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you think?

Not really sure were to put this, but since it's show related, I figured it was safe.

When we went to meet our breeder for the first time (we had conversed in email and they told us what show they'd be at b/c I wanted to meet them) apparently, they had another couple that wanted to meet them about an upcoming litter (sooner than the one I was interested in).

Well, this couple walked up, asked if he was Mr. X, introduced themselves and then left! Not one puppy question was asked. Not one question, other than are you Mr. X. I had been there for an hour already and had felt like I might have been bugging him b/c I kept asking questions and here these people walk up like they're asking what the time is and then leave.

I was kinda dumbfounded. What kind of reaction would you have?
    My Blog: My Fur-Real Life

sigpic

*Jennifer*
    Wife to John, Mom to McKayla and Chris
    Owned by Katie and Rio

I think that, if it's the kind of breeder you want to work with, they would prefer someone who asks questions. The other couple may not be well informed about the significance of showing in a breeding program or simpy have no interest in it. Or they think that buying a puppy is like buying a car and they only showed up because they felt obligated because the breeder invited them. I would have done exactly what you did, and will when we get our next pup in the far future.
    Misty, Leonidas (Dane), and Valor (Pomeranian Mix)
    Current 52 Photo Project:http://flic.kr/s/aHsjDu8ALZ

Comment

there could also be a lot of back story u dont know. the other people could have already asked extensive questions on the phone/email and was there simply to 'meet in person'. they could also have been waiting for u to leave to speak with the breeder in private. as for show questions, they either knew nothing of showing and didnt care about details, or they r familiar with the sport and had no questions. not everyone meeting a breeder is a rookie. they also coulda had plans to do lunch etc after the show, so again he was waiting for later. just few thots....
      sigpic
      Still looks frozen to me.....

We didn't do it It was the cats...

Comment

Well, showing is a busy life and a hectic one too. There are going be many times where your in a deep conversation and someone out of the blue interrupts. Sometimes you will finish your conversation and sometimes you wont. It's rude but that how it is, cause one minute they are there and the next poof they are gone.....

Maybe this individual wanted:

To put a face with the name
        Wait and caught him on his own terms
        Let that indivdiual know he was there
        Have lunch later like mentioned earlier
        Wait until that person was done with showing

I have found it is easier to talk to someone after they have shown...Some are so caught up in showing and they really have to pay attention where the line is and who is getting the classes...The Stewart only call the name a few times and if the handler or breeder don't hear them they miss out. A lot of breeders and handlers like to talk after the breed class. Cause really in truth, they probably are not paying much attention to you at that time anyway.
        Last edited by Susanne; 03-12-2011, 08:47 AM.
        Member:
        Macon Kennel Club
        & Great Dane Club of the Mid-South

Comment

When this couple has walked up, I had actually left to get a bite to eat. My breeder had told me about them after I had apologized if I was "bugging" him. I got them impression that my breeder wasn't impressed with how they conducted themselves.
          My Blog: My Fur-Real Life

sigpic

*Jennifer*
          Wife to John, Mom to McKayla and Chris
          Owned by Katie and Rio

Comment

Working...
          X