Junior Showmanship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior Showmanship

Okay, Im am looking at my premium list and I cant tell what or if there is a fee to enter my daughter in Junior Showmanship Competition for the Novice Division. She has been training and is ready to go in the ring. I have to know the amount so I can enter her for a show. Can anyone help me? Im only use to entering me not her. Thanks in advance.

Susanne C. Roberts-Phillips

http://www.streborsgreatdanes.com/si...e4-213x228.jpg
    Zoe & Courtney

Life is grand, when you love a Dane. Have you licked your Dane today? :P
    Member:
    Macon Kennel Club
    & Great Dane Club of the Mid-South

RE: Junior Showmanship

http://xceldanes.com/Flagdee.JPG

Most shows list Juniors as an additional class... and there's a fee. What show so I maybe can find the premimum list.

Dee

sigpic

Comment

The Georgia Classic Atlanta(Sat) and Newnan(Sun) Sept 22 &23
      Thanks

Zoe & Courtney

Member:
      Macon Kennel Club

Comment

The entry fees are listed on Page 5 of the premium. Junior Showmanship is free for these shows. Also, be sure and complete the back side of the entry with regard to Juniors.

If your daughter doesn't have an AKC Junior Handler # then you will need to contact AKC and get one before entering the show.

Good luck.

Nancy
        Calico Rock Danes
        Alabama
        Nancy
        Calico Rock Danes
        Alabama

Comment

Like Nancy said she needs her JR number from AKC and she must be 9 years old and under 18.
          http://www.xceldanes.com/naptime_2.JPG
          Lisa
          www.xceldanes.com
          sigpicLisa
          www.xceldanes.com

Comment

Didn't realize a junior needs a number these days...good to know.

Also to the OP be prepared for the Junior's ring. This was my experience with a daughter that did Juniors. Some of the kids can be brutal when it comes to winning..but thanfully those kids were few and far between. Also important IMO, to teach your daughter that winning is nice..but not the only thing. Most important..have fun and enjoy yourself and your dog.

Dee
            sigpic

Comment

She has had her number since her 10th birthday in April, not worried about that, but I am worried about is the show closes tomorrow. Do I still have to send in the paper entry form or can I do it on the internet?

Thanks Dee, I have told my daughter its not about winning its about having fun. She can be a sorer loser at times but that was when she was a little younger. She has been in pagents and ball games and I think she has been a good sportmen, that why I think she may do very well in the ring. She has saw me in the ring and ring side since she was three and she is getting very excited about stepping in. The only thing about the comformation ring is she wants to enter her male, which has done very little in training and never been at a show, while my female co-owned with her is all to use to going to shows, her conformation may be a bit off due to an injury when she was pup, but Im trying to explain to her that it all about her handleing the dog not the dogs conformation thats being judged.

Zoe & Courtney

Member:
              Macon Kennel Club

Comment

If the show closes tommorrow, you will need to enter online (if that
                is available for the shows you are entering).

Comment

>Do I still have to send in the paper entry form or
                  >can I do it on the internet?

Enter online at Onofrio.com unless you want to spend the money for first morning delivery Fed Ex. About $23. On line it will cost you about $5.

>
                  >Thanks Dee, I have told my daughter its not about winning its
                  >about having fun. She can be a sorer loser at times but that
                  >was when she was a little younger. She has been in pagents and
                  >ball games and I think she has been a good sportmen, that why
                  >I think she may do very well in the ring. She has saw me in
                  >the ring and ring side since she was three and she is getting
                  >very excited about stepping in. The only thing about the
                  >comformation ring is she wants to enter her male, which has
                  >done very little in training and never been at a show, while
                  >my female co-owned with her is all to use to going to shows,
                  >her conformation may be a bit off due to an injury when she
                  >was pup, but Im trying to explain to her that it all about her
                  >handleing the dog not the dogs conformation thats being
                  >judged.
                  >

I would enter the female as judges are particularly cognizant of whether the child can keep the dog under control. If your male has very little training and has never been to a show it doesn't belong in the juniors ring. JMO

Quick word of advise, she will need to be able to show the judge the dog's bite so you might want to practice on that. Also, remind her to listen to the instructions given by the judge. That is part of judging juniors. If they don't follow instructions the chances for a ribbon are slim.

Good luck and hope to see her there. I will showing and stewarding that weekend in Atlanta.

Nancy
                  Calico Rock Danes
                  Alabama
                  Nancy
                  Calico Rock Danes
                  Alabama

Comment

Youll have to do it online as paper entry wont get their by noon tomorrow.

http://www.xceldanes.com/naptime_2.JPG
                    Lisa
                    www.xceldanes.com
                    sigpicLisa
                    www.xceldanes.com

Comment

Thanks guys.

I have enter my daughter into the Novice Junior Showmanship for the end of the month with my female Zoe. Zoe dont care what you do to her as long as she is getting the attention. The only thing that concerns me about Zoe is her gait and stack. She has her good and bad days.

I got some more questions. When I enter her on line. I had ever intention to enter Zoe in Rally with me and Juniors with Courtney. I had to put her Jr #. I was just thinking, they are not going to think that Courtney is going to do Rally with her, are they?

I also read in the Junior Showmanship Brochure

<<Section 7. Eligibility of Dog.
                      Each dog entered in a regular Junior Showmanship Class must be of a breed eligible to compete in conformation classes(including Miscellaneous Classes) at the time of the event. The dog must be entered in one of the breed, obedience or agility classes at the shows OR must be entered for Junior Showmanship only.>>

So what is this saying? The dog can only be entered in Breed, Obedience or Agility OR it can only be entered in Juniors ONLY. Cant be entered in two events in one day such as Rally (for me) and Juniors (for Courtney)? Am I reading this right? It could just be a brain fart or its the blond coming out. :9 :9

Thanks

Susanne
                      Member:
                      Macon Kennel Club

Comment

>
                        >I got some more questions. When I enter her on line. I had
                        >ever intention to enter Zoe in Rally with me and Juniors with
                        >Courtney. I had to put her Jr #. I was just thinking, they
                        >are not going to think that Courtney is going to do Rally with
                        >her, are they?

No, the entry for Rally can be anyone. The entry in Junior is for her.

>
                        >I also read in the Junior Showmanship Brochure
                        >
                        ><<Section 7. Eligibility of Dog.
                        >Each dog entered in a regular Junior Showmanship Class must be
                        >of a breed eligible to compete in conformation
                        >classes(including Miscellaneous Classes) at the time of the
                        >event. The dog must be entered in one of the breed, obedience
                        >or agility classes at the shows OR must be entered for Junior
                        >Showmanship only.>>
                        >
                        >So what is this saying? The dog can only be entered in Breed,
                        >Obedience or Agility OR it can only be entered in Juniors
                        >ONLY. Cant be entered in two events in one day such as Rally
                        >(for me) and Juniors (for Courtney)? Am I reading this right?
                        >It could just be a brain fart or its the blond coming out. :9
                        >:9
                        >
                        It is just saying that there is no requirement that the dog be entered in any other class to be eligible to show in juniors. However, it cannot be entered in juniors if it has a a disqualifying for conformation (color, etc.). Example: You can enter a merle in obedience but you can't enter it in juniors.

Remember when you enter you are entering a dog not a person with a dog. You enter the dog in Rally and Juniors as an additional class. The entry in juniors requires qualifying information (Junior's name, DOB, AKC junior number).

HTH

Nancy
                        Calico Rock Danes
                        Alabama
                        Nancy
                        Calico Rock Danes
                        Alabama

Comment

Thanks Nancy

I feel so much better, I was worried there for awhile. Going to be a busy weekend. Junior, Rally both Sat and Sun and Im showing Zoe's sister on Sunday. Hope to see you there, will be setting with the GDCMS crowd.

Zoe & Courtney

Member:
                          Macon Kennel Club

Comment

Good Luck to you and your daughter. :P :P

When my kid was showing she started out placing or winning from the gate, so expected to always be so blessed. But just as in "real life" you will loose more then you win..the bubble burst. There were a couple of times I had to take her out behind the barn to give her a talkin' to.

At a couple of shows a little girl was entered that showed in a wheelchair with a Sheltie. She really wasn't as good as anybody without a handicap {ran over the dog's tail} nor could that be expected..she was out there and trying. I believe those experiences got thru to my daughter better then anything I could have said.

Main thing is have fun and always remember..there's always another show down the road.

Dee
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X