Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello - I am new to the Forum and showing :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello - I am new to the Forum and showing :)

This past Friday and Saturday I handled two dogs (a poodle and a fawn male 1 year old Great Dane). Then Sunday just the Great Dane. The poodle for my Grandma and the dane for my Mom.

This is how it all came to be. Two weeks ago on Friday, my mom and grandma was talking to friends about dog showing, and they let then know that there was a show in Kingston in two weeks that it wasn't too late to sign up for. So they did. Trouble with that was that My Friend (the dog) was not trained to walk on leash. This is were I came in.

Mom asked me if I would take "My Friend" to my place and train him in two weeks to show on line. Because I am the good little girl that I am - always doing as my mom asks - I agreed. Grandma sweet talked her own hubby to train Jewels. Two weeks of training later, we head to the show.

"My Friend" got two points on Saturday! He won best of Winners and Best of Breed for his breed. We were so happy for him! He did even better then we thought - thinking at least one weekend of shows would be just for learning. I should also say at this point that I had never shown dogs before this weekend too!

The reason I didn't end up showing the Poodle, Jewels, on Sunday was because we were trying out something. The other two days my grandma was there with her dog and I was handling it. But when Jewels was in the ring she was always looking for her "mama" so she didn't do as well as she should have. So the last day we sent her with an other handler and she did way better.

So now we are looking at all the other shows we could take "My Friend" to that is sorta local. - I guess I will be really busy this summer

RE: Hello - I am new to the Forum and showing

http://xceldanes.com/Flagdee.JPG

"My Friend" got two points on Saturday! He won best of Winners and Best of Breed for his breed. We were so happy for him! He did even better then we thought - thinking at least one weekend of shows would be just for learning. I should also say at this point that I had never shown dogs before this weekend too!

Congratulations..and good work for a newcomer to the dog show game.
    }( }( I would guess now that you are hooked. Continued success and fun.

Welcome to the forum.:P

Dee
    sigpic

Comment

RE: Hello - I am new to the Forum and showing

Its very addictive.Youll make many great friends and have a blast.

http://www.xceldanes.com/naptime_2.JPG
      Lisa
      www.xceldanes.com
      sigpicLisa
      www.xceldanes.com

Comment

Working...
      X