doggy diapers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: doggy diapers

But you know as well as I do, the rear has to be facing someone <LOL>!!
    The handler has to watch the ring procedure so you dont go in ignorant of how/where the judge wants the dogs stacked and moved. Bitches in heat is part of the program, like it or not. Not only in our breed but in all other breeds being shown that day! So even a Chi in heat 3 rings down is going to send her scent to all the dogs on the show grounds!
    My advice: obedience train!
    Carolyn
    Divine Acres Great Danes
    Carolyn
    Divine Acres Great Danes
    Divine Acres The Legend "Bruce" 5 1/2 months old..5th generation of DA Danes!
    sigpic

Comment

I have seen bad behavior ringside because of bitches in heat. From dogs and owners alike. So call some of these stories dramatization all you wish but it doesn't matter if a person witnessed this behavior at a show and has been to 50 and you haven't seen the behavior and have been to 1000. I fail to see the point there?
      That being said, yes, sure... dogs should behave themselves and people should not break majors over bitches in heat. Some dogs are ill behaved. Granted most of the time it's the owners fault but things DO happen. I'm sure anyone who has been to 'more shows then the people posting combined' has seen a fight ringside and unless you inquired each time who knows if a bitch in season was the reason or not.
      I don't see any reason to give anyone a 'break' over this. People are talking about their experiences to a novice and all sides should be on the table so that the OP can make her own decision which she has!
      The majority of shows you will attend will be without incident and I gaurantee there are bitches in season at all of them. Good Luck and have fun! }(

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."
      Brother and sister! Indie and CH Carina taking the 4 point majors!
      http://eastwooddanes.homestead.com/C...MajorPic1a.jpg
      www.eastwooddanes.com
      Kim E.

Comment

<<The majority of shows you will attend will be without incident and I gaurantee there are bitches in season at all of them. Good Luck and have fun!>>

ROFL! My point exactly! Funny but I didnt get that perception from your other posts.
        Enjoy yourself Sara and bring home the points!
        Carolyn
        Divine Acres Great Danes
        Carolyn
        Divine Acres Great Danes
        Divine Acres The Legend "Bruce" 5 1/2 months old..5th generation of DA Danes!
        sigpic

Comment

I have to wonder at the vast amount of show experience here when I don't see some names listed in the monthly AKC Awards publication (especially useful since it also lists the CERF and OFA hip and elbow certifications for each breed) which I read to see who is doing what around the country and what judges are putting up what. It's all part of judge research.
          I guarantee that there will be at least one other b*tch in heat on the show grounds that day. You paid your entry fee. Go.
          Carolyn is right on. It's called "Obedience Training"...Jo
          Jo
          Hof Kurz Great Danes
          Ch. Tor RN, CHIC, Ch. Reva CHIC, Can. Ch. J'aime TDI
          Fawns and Brindles Since 1975
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/11304225@N05

Comment

"I expect them to mind their manners ringside, bitch in heat or not!"

I agree with this one! The last show I was at I was sitting ringside and watching groups when this french bulldog plops down next to my boy Ripley.(shameless hussy!) He was on a down-stay and just started whining franticly and looking at me. The owner explained that the dog was in heat. :f When he realized I wasnt going to let him up to go hump her he looked the other way and pouted-until a ridgeback in heat layed down next to him on the other side!

JMO-Heat cycles are a part of dogs and we all pay the same money to be there. I think you cant expect the girls in heat to be pulled anymore than you can expect the badly fustrated/behaved boys to pull.

Nicole
            Giddy, Ripley amd Crazy Mazie
            www.giddydane.com:f
            Nicole
            Giddy, Ripley, Crazy Mazie and Captain Morgan

Comment

>I have to wonder at the vast amount of show experience here
              >when I don't see some names listed in the monthly AKC Awards
              >publication (especially useful since it also lists the CERF
              >and OFA hip and elbow certifications for each breed) which I
              >read to see who is doing what around the country and what
              >judges are putting up what. It's all part of judge research.
              >I guarantee that there will be at least one other b*tch in
              >heat on the show grounds that day. You paid your entry fee.
              >Go.
              >Carolyn is right on. It's called "Obedience Training"...Jo
              >

You won't see MY name listed in the monthly awards section...cause I quit showing about 10 years ago. Various reasons...a big one being all the gossip, backbiting, "in your business" types that became all to prevalent. I had made up my mind..when it wasn't fun anymore, I didn't need the BS and quit.

I too, used to read the Awards section...until it got too heavy to carry and I needed a magnifying glass.

Dee
              sigpic

Comment

I am taking my bitch to a show this weekend also and she just started her heat. I am for sure going and will not stay home because of that. I will use common sense and respect.
                Its a personal choice but you should not feel guilty or pressured to leave her home. Its a part of the show ring and always will be.
                When I took my male to a show I never was offended by people who took their bitches in season and made my boy behave himself and use common sense.
                Stephanie

Comment

Working...
                X