Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog shows

Hi all-

Just curious to see if there is a webpage available that lists ALL the dogs shows throughout the US. I would really like to start going to more since I have only been to a few. I need to find some in my area though, since traveling far isn't really an option. Does anyone know of any shows that allow you to bring your dog, if you aren't going to show? My Zoey would love to go and watch?!?!
    Mandi

RE: Dog shows

I have always found www.infodog.com to be a good site for shows held around the country.

Comment

You might be able to bring a dog that is not being shown to a fun match. I have always been told and read that AKC shows don't allow you to bring dogs ringside that are not being shown. I really find it much more enjoyable and easier to really watch the show without a Dane by my side.

Comment

calendar of events at www.akc.org has a search engine by state or by date. But it will only list akc events (dog shows, obed trials, agility, tracking, etc) no fun matches.

AKC site also has lists of clubs, you could find out what clubs are in your region and check with them as to local events other than sanctioned shows.
        http://web.mac.com/Witzn

Comment

Info dog is a great place to look. Also, it is generally prohibited and considered "bad form" to bring an unentered dog ringside. It distracts other dogs and adds to the already cramped and crowded conditions for the entrants. It is best to just bring yourself and enjoy the show. Also helps avoid that handler ina bad mood who snaps at ya when your girl takes a sniff of his/her champ.

BTW, if I remember right your Zoey is still alittle pup. I wouldn't take her to ANY locale where there will be a lot of other dogs until she is at least 4 months old and has completed her shots.

Joel

Comment

No, you're right about bringing her to shows now. I wasn't planning on bringing her until she has gone through her obedience classes. I am taking her to puppy, basic, and the a CGC course.
            Mandi

Comment

Again...it is not ,as Joel said, "good form" to bring a dog that is not entered ringside. Plus, I am pretty sure it is stated in most premiums that you may not bring an unentered dog ringside. I would hate for you to make anyone upset with you over bring you Dane to watch the show.

Comment

I wouldn't bring her if I knew it wasn't allowed. I would just bring her to the 'fun' shows!!
                Mandi

Comment

unless a premium list specifies that unentered dogs are not allowed, any dog that would be eligible to be shown is allowed on the grounds of an AKC show.

whether it is practical to do this depends on the show and how much socializing one plans to do.

sandy
                  http://web.mac.com/Witzn

Comment

That's great to know.

Thanks,
                    Stacie

Comment

Working...
                    X