No announcement yet.

The forum is jacked...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The photos are SUPER DUPER tiny like illegible tiny. Also is is it just me or even the posts that I've read say yesterday are still showing up as 'new' and haven't been marked as read?
    sigpic

Comment

Can't figure out the pictures either. I mentioned to James in an email that this new setup isn't as user friendly, and the response :

Hi, unfortunately with the upgrades to the forums software came some new changes but most of the functions should remain the same.

If anyone needs help, email James@danesonline.com. That's what I've been doing.

I'm curious who the moderators are now?

Bonus is that it's super phone friendly now but still not on tapatalk.

Last edited by Loki Love; 03-03-2017, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Almost ready to abandon the forum. This absolutely sucks. Not intuitive at all for seeing new threads and what's been read or what's had new responses. It's awful. I think signatures are a thing of the past. To "messy" for them. :\
        ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
          Glad to see I'm not the only one. Almost ready to abandon the forum. This absolutely sucks. Not intuitive at all for seeing new threads and what's been read or what's had new responses. It's awful. I think signatures are a thing of the past. To "messy" for them. :\
          Yea really im told everything for me should be the same as its always been. Ive been told they where going to look into it thats was several days ago. I have not seen not one single improvement made not one. I've only actually requested one thing access to new post. I get a red flag everytime I punch new topics . I get some kind of notice about my search criteria maybe to broad and narrow and make my search criteria less restrictive or some bs crap like that . I had volumes of stuff stored in in personal messaging in regards to training . I thought maybe I would own another dane someday. They wiped out all the pms . I've had about 4 email messages sent to me in regards to various problems im having problems with I got back 4 im sorry messages saying they was sorry they would look into it . All four of those messages recieved had the same date and time . Feb 28th and ive done forgot the time posted. I got one email back the last one and it said I shouldn't be having this problems everything should be as it was before.. I guess I was being called a liar. Im done with this its useless.

Comment

My PM's seem fine, I went to Message Center then clicked on Inbox and they were all still there.

I emailed James about the tiny pictures and not having an easy way to get newly updated threads. It seems like these should be easy fixes? Like on the photos, just lower the resolution like Facebook does, instead of shrinking the size so much. And if I click the Forums dropdown, "Latest Activity" should bring up threads with new posts, instead of just newly created threads.

Has anyone contacted Todd or Tracy? Maybe they need to direct James to make the changes, since he isn't taking member requests seriously. I'm sure it wasn't their intent to drive away senior members when they did this update...

Comment

Testing to see if I can see my signature now...

ETA - nope

Comment

I'm nearly done too. It's too bad. I contributed in hoping the forum was going to get a facelift and bring in new members, etc - this is the exact opposite. I left a message on FB asking who the moderators were and how there were quite a few of us still having issues, etc. No response yet. I don't even know how to quote another member - everything is different and I seriously can't find instructions anywhere.

Really sad about all this. Oh well. Maybe FB is the way to go :/

Comment

Originally posted by jrturk View Post
                  My PM's seem fine, I went to Message Center then clicked on Inbox and they were all still there.

I emailed James about the tiny pictures and not having an easy way to get newly updated threads. It seems like these should be easy fixes? Like on the photos, just lower the resolution like Facebook does, instead of shrinking the size so much. And if I click the Forums dropdown, "Latest Activity" should bring up threads with new posts, instead of just newly created threads.

Has anyone contacted Todd or Tracy? Maybe they need to direct James to make the changes, since he isn't taking member requests seriously. I'm sure it wasn't their intent to drive away senior members when they did this update...
                  You would not believe how many different red flags I just got replying to your post. My original message was deleted. But im going to try again I figure i've got nothing to loose.

Comment

I'm going to make this one more brief . I followed your instruction getting to pms there was 16 PM's there. I had over 100 in there in regards to training a lady had sent me. I would check occasionally to make sure they was still there they was until they changed this forum. More to follow I don't know if im being timed out or what.

Comment

Im not blaming you for any of this im just using this thread as a sounding board because nobody is responding to emails . Another poster on this thread they didn't know how to make a quote. I get an option to quote every post. Does that person get that same option ? Im thinking not. I believe people are having different issues and maybe not everyone is having the same issue . How many people have said they can't get to new post I know I can't and I have said so more than once. Im told nothing has changed and I should be able to use the forum in the same fashion as always. I sort of take it I was called a liar . There is nothing here like it was before. I think we have a lemon going on here and somebody won't face it. Please don't take this as an attack directed at you . Im only using this thread as a sounding board. Hey moderators this was once among one of the best and most useful forums on the web . Its now useless and pathetic !

Comment

If you can get to Todd or Tracy Munford contact them and tell them to look this thread up. Im not getting anything emailing James.

Comment

I've mostly been using the forum on my phone. I wonder if some issues are different if you're using a computer.

I did refer James to this thread in my email. If I don't hear back from him, I'll try to contact the Mumford's.

Comment

Let me rephrase my last post I have got a response after emailing James . I sort of spoke inaccurately. I just have not seen anything different except for what you have talked me through.

Comment

And on another note I just tried to go back and edit one of my post. It had an edit button but would not let me edit my post. I see where other people have edited there post on this very thread.

Comment

Originally posted by emeko View Post
                                Might take a bit of getting used to! What I'm not finding is something like the "New posts" thing that we used to have. I only ever used to click on that to view current topics, unless I was searching the archives for something specific (which doesn't seem to be working right now either). Right now I seem to have to look through each forum.
                                Yes exactly archives that was priceless here ! You could spend nearly the rest of your life going through them and really never have to make a single post. You look in the right spot and your question would be answered and then you was not subject to a cyber space war because somebody did not like how you pronounced potato . Sorry archives gone or inaccessible.
                                Last edited by Dickie Best; 03-04-2017, 06:27 PM. Reason: Just forgot to add that to post. Hey look got to edit one finally astounding !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X