Best place to buy ..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to buy ..

Where have you found the best place to buy bully sticks? I purchased a 6 pack not too long ago, 7 days. Between two pups it's gone. I get nervous when the stick gets too small so I take them away. Chewy is where I purchased the first 6, with two Danes I know they'll go through them more quickly, but a case was like $70! Putting each stick around $1.30. So by buying in bulk I save 20-30 cents per stick. Do you know of a better deal? I'm a 🇺🇸 USA 🇺🇸 made buyer!
    ~we love our danes~

I usually buy mine from bestbullysticks.com and I get the jumbo ones. I don't give them very often though because they're not cheap, and they really don't last all that long once your pup is a few months old. I also use frozen pig feet, beef neck bones, and beef back ribs for chewing. Those are all cheaper than bully sticks.
    sigpic
    Chaucey
    Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Originally posted by oshagcj914 View Post
      I usually buy mine from bestbullysticks.com and I get the jumbo ones. I don't give them very often though because they're not cheap, and they really don't last all that long once your pup is a few months old. I also use frozen pig feet, beef neck bones, and beef back ribs for chewing. Those are all cheaper than bully sticks.
      Thank you! I did purchase the 6" sticks. Pig feet, beef neck bones, & beef back ribs .. like purchased from the grocery store? Aren't they messy? Are those acceptable for 12 week olds?
      ~we love our danes~

Comment

Originally posted by weloveourdanes View Post
        Thank you! I did purchase the 6" sticks. Pig feet, beef neck bones, & beef back ribs .. like purchased from the grocery store? Aren't they messy? Are those acceptable for 12 week olds?
        I get mine from a co-op, but yes, you can get them from the store. I usually give them outside, in the crate, or on an old towel and train them to keep their treats there, so not much mess. I don't let them just run around the house with stuff like that...tbh bully sticks are just as germy and gross They're acceptable chews for any age dog, although if your pup has never had them before, I'd only let them chew on something like that for a short time at first until they're used to it so you don't end up with tummy troubles.
        sigpic
        Chaucey

Comment

Originally posted by oshagcj914 View Post
          I get mine from a co-op, but yes, you can get them from the store. I usually give them outside, in the crate, or on an old towel and train them to keep their treats there, so not much mess. I don't let them just run around the house with stuff like that...tbh bully sticks are just as germy and gross They're acceptable chews for any age dog, although if your pup has never had them before, I'd only let them chew on something like that for a short time at first until they're used to it so you don't end up with tummy troubles.
          I guess I'm thinking of a bloody like item from the meat department? Maybe I need to research. 😊
          ~we love our danes~

Comment

I guess I'm thinking of a bloody like item from the meat department? Maybe I need to research. 😊
            I've bought lots of feet from the grocery meat department. They aren't all bloody and gross lol. Well, they're gross but not bloody.
            sigpic
            Fergus
            SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
            Eisen Shark
            C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

The feet aren't bloody. The neck bones and rib bones usually have meat on them and can get messy. Yes, from the meat department...they're dogs, meat is what they're supposed to eat It's usually a lot healthier than a lot of the chews and treats you get at Petsmart with God knows what in them, plus they last the longest of any chews I've found so far. Bully sticks eventually don't last that long for how much they cost. I usually give raw stuff like that outside or in a crate, and wipe it down with a water/vinegar mix.
              sigpic
              Chaucey

Comment

I know y'all probably think I'm crazy! BUT Our treats are freeze dried liver, natural PB and maybe a bite of fruit for fun somedays. So please help me understand the whole frozen pig feet, beef neck bones, and beef back ribs for chewing. Do I cook them or are they left raw? What am I supposed to do with them during the time they're not being chewed on? Store them in the fridge or freezer??
                ~we love our danes~

Comment

I know y'all probably think I'm crazy! BUT Our treats are freeze dried liver, natural PB and maybe a bite of fruit for fun somedays. So please help me understand the whole frozen pig feet, beef neck bones, and beef back ribs for chewing. Do I cook them or are they left raw? What am I supposed to do with them during the time they're not being chewed on? Store them in the fridge or freezer??
                  No cooked bones ever- those can splinter and cause all kinds of problems. Just give them raw. At first you can store them in the freezer between giving them. Eventually, there won't be anything left to store after a bit. Mine can destroy some meaty bones pretty quick. Yours will too once they figure it out.
                  sigpic
                  Fergus
                  SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
                  Eisen Shark
                  C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

Ribs are a good place to start if you and your pup aren't used to raw stuff. They're not very messy. I wait until beef back ribs (the really big ones) are on sale, then I buy a rack and cut them into individual ribs. I give them frozen to make them last longer. They get the meat off them pretty fast and can still chew on the bones. The ribs are not dense like the leg bones, so you don't need to worry about broken teeth. I can't even find beef neck bones at the store here, but I get the Blue Ridge Beef meaty bones by the case. I also usually get whole pig feet by the case, but they usually have split ones at the store, although those are always little. The ones I get are huge and awesome, plus they're fully edible, so a good deal. My pups usually eat a whole pig foot or the meat off a rib in one go, but if there's anything left, I throw it back in the freezer in a ziplock bag until next time.

Just start slow with stuff like this if your pup isn't used to it so you don't end up with loose stools. Asaah is raw feed, so none of this bothers her.
                    sigpic
                    Chaucey

Comment

Thank y'all so much! 😊😊
                      ~we love our danes~

Comment

These are raw beef ribs. I would start with these.

Pig feet will play hell on a non-raw fed dog's stomach. They are very rich.

I like beef knuckle bones for chewing

Again, that's a lot of real, rich food for a dog only fed a processed kibble diet. The gut in a kibble fed dog is missing the proper digestive enzymes to handle a lot of real raw meat.

Just trying to help you avoid serious cannon butt
                        Tracy
                        sigpic
                        Mouse April 2010
                        Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                        X