Shark surgery today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shark surgery today

I just dropped off my Shark to get tacked. I don't remember being nearly this big of a wreck when I took Ferg. I should have about 3-4 hours of waiting before he's done and they call me with updates, so if y'all would say a prayer or send happy thoughts or whatever is your thing for my Shark AND my sanity, I would surely appreciate it.
    sigpic
    Fergus
    SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
    Eisen Shark
    C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Sending happy and healthy thoughts for your boy and you! He'll do just fine!
    sigpic

Comment

sending pawsitive vibes for your baby and your sanity. he'll do great, for sure!
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Sending good vibes for Shark and you! I'm sure he will be fine! Is he being neutered now too or doing that later?
        Last edited by oshagcj914; 01-10-2017, 09:02 AM.
        sigpic
        Chaucey
        Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Good luck Shark puppy!
          sigpic

Peach, merle Great Dane
          Born July 7 2014
          Peach & Emily!

Comment

He is out of surgery and awake, and everything went fine. And now I can breathe again.

Originally posted by oshagcj914 View Post
            Sending good vibes for Shark and you! I'm sure he will be fine! Is he being neutered now too or doing that later?
            No, just tacked today. We'll neuter later. My vet is hesitant to do more than 1 procedure at a time on the big guys these days. She lost one (in his line) not too long ago due to complications after surgery, and it was possibly (I don't remember exact details) related to doing everything they did at once, so she wanted to keep it one at a time. Personally, I wouldn't mind Shark keeping his boys awhile longer to see if the extra testosterone will help him put on some weight. Not like he's gonna knock up Ferg...
            sigpic
            Fergus
            Eisen Shark

Comment

Sending healing vibes your way! (At least slug Ferg won't be riling him up!). 😂
              -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

Originally posted by lisacp75 View Post
                Sending healing vibes your way! (At least slug Ferg won't be riling him up!). 😂
                Slug Ferg is the most horrendous instigator in the history of the world. They're gonna need to be separated for a week, at least.
                sigpic
                Fergus
                Eisen Shark

Comment

He's home and doing great. Snoozing quietly in his crate, and everything went well.
                  sigpic
                  Fergus
                  Eisen Shark

Comment

Originally posted by SuzanneRM82 View Post
                    He's home and doing great. Snoozing quietly in his crate, and everything went well.
                    That's great. Hope he recovers quickly.
                    sigpicBae and Chip hanging out together for the first time.

Comment

FML. He wanted to go for a run when I took him out to potty tonight.
                      sigpic
                      Fergus
                      Eisen Shark

Comment

Ha! Boy, he didn't waste any time feeling better did he lol. Silly boy
                        ~Kelsey, mom to~
                        Kumah-merle Great Dane 4 years
                        Nala-fawn Great Dane 2 months
                        Cece- Calico 4 years
                        Sammy- Black Domestic Long Hair 3 years
                        Tyke- 4 months

Comment

Originally posted by Kumah View Post
                          Ha! Boy, he didn't waste any time feeling better did he lol. Silly boy
                          Hahaha there's a reason I call him my "bad Shark!" Not sure if he was wound up and still not feeling it, or if he just REALLY had to pee.
                          sigpic
                          Fergus
                          Eisen Shark

Comment

Better get some tranquilizers!
                            sigpic
                            Chaucey
                            Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

My trainer has this black Lab she shows in rally and OB. He is SUPER high drive (like 10x more than her other Lab) and when she gets him out to work, he dances in place. Reminds of the Lipizzaner stallions lol. I've always thought it was cool. After 2 solid days of crate rest, I discovered that Shark can dance even better than her Lab- he just looks more like a Lipizzaner! Anyway, he's doing wonderful. No issues with eating, other than being displeased with the tiny amounts of food he gets at once. I'm going chicken & rice for another day or two. Six meals a day, 1 cup of chicken with a little rice, and some broth over the top because he's not interested in water otherwise. Vet says that's fine as long as he's eating and getting some liquid for now. Tramadol has slowed down the digestive process, so while food is going in very little is coming out. He's up to every 12 hours between doses of tramadol instead of the 8 hours he was at yesterday, so she will probably have me cut that off soon. I'm planning to make him a snuffle mat today so when he gets back to kibble in a day or two he'll have something stationary to keep him busy. We've also been working a lot on his heeling, since everywhere he goes he is on leash right now. We are entered in our first trial next month, so every little bit of practice helps. His recall needs it most, but he loves to RUN to me, so of course we can't touch that for another 12 days!
                              sigpic
                              Fergus
                              Eisen Shark

Comment

Working...
                              X