Pulling my hair out!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling my hair out!

I usually don't post rants but...here goes...
    Sunday I attended a horse event to watch my daughter and her horse compete.. while there I saw this dog running around... I kept watching it and wondered what mix it was since no particular breed popped out.... then I heard someone say that there were Dane puppies on the other side of the ring...so with granddaughter in tow nosey Dane person me went over to check it out.. there were 9 puppies in an x-pen ... I was looking at them..except for color they didn't look like full Dane and still had the newborn blue eyes.. I didn't say a word.. the woman started babbling.. they were 3 weeks old, she had black ones, blue ones, blue ones with black spots, white ones with black spots, she was keeping 2 of the females so she could continue breeding, mom was going to be retired after one more litter, she had 7 adult dogs. She finally had an AKC reg. dog and the rest were all registered as were the puppies with CKC (Continental Kennel Club) and on and on which brings me back to the dog that I mentioned was running around the show grounds.. that was the mother !!!!
    I just couldn't say a word... I didn't dare because nothing I would have said would have been nice I just had to take my granddaughter and walk away.... I knew just by listening to this woman that trying to educate her would have been futile, it would have caused a scene, etc... It is people like this that ruin a breed and people like this that potential new buyers listen too and end up with Danes (or any breed) that are so far from breed standard that they don't resemble the breed at all or very little and with pups they don't even know the correct color, etc.

Later I heard someone trying to delicately educate her...just as I figured she preferred to remain ignorant and "knew it all" when it came to Danes
    sigpic
    Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
    Associate Member GDCNE
    Member GSPCA
    Member NAVHDA
    Member Central Maine Kennel Club
    High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Originally posted by kahluadanes View Post
    I usually don't post rants but...here goes...
    Sunday I attended a horse event to watch my daughter and her horse compete.. while there I saw this dog running around... I kept watching it and wondered what mix it was since no particular breed popped out.... then I heard someone say that there were Dane puppies on the other side of the ring...so with granddaughter in tow nosey Dane person me went over to check it out.. there were 9 puppies in an x-pen ... I was looking at them..except for color they didn't look like full Dane and still had the newborn blue eyes.. I didn't say a word.. the woman started babbling.. they were 3 weeks old, she had black ones, blue ones, blue ones with black spots, white ones with black spots, she was keeping 2 of the females so she could continue breeding, mom was going to be retired after one more litter, she had 7 adult dogs. She finally had an AKC reg. dog and the rest were all registered as were the puppies with CKC (Continental Kennel Club) and on and on which brings me back to the dog that I mentioned was running around the show grounds.. that was the mother !!!!
    I just couldn't say a word... I didn't dare because nothing I would have said would have been nice I just had to take my granddaughter and walk away.... I knew just by listening to this woman that trying to educate her would have been futile, it would have caused a scene, etc... It is people like this that ruin a breed and people like this that potential new buyers listen too and end up with Danes (or any breed) that are so far from breed standard that they don't resemble the breed at all or very little and with pups they don't even know the correct color, etc.

Later I heard someone trying to delicately educate her...just as I figured she preferred to remain ignorant and "knew it all" when it came to Danes
    Good for you for keeping your cool in front of your granddaughter! You can't teach those who don't want to learn
    sigpic
    Chaucey
    Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Working...
    X