Weird body parts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird body parts

Bear with me- this is my first dog and my first Dane. I've spent a good amount of time with friends' dogs, but I've never really looked at them in-depth like I'm looking at my guy now. I've noticed these weird things:

First, I was stroking his ears and started really looking at the edges. My boy isn't cropped, and along the bottom edge of his ears, there's a little scalloped bit and an extra little flap behind it, if that makes any sense.

Second, in the corners of his mouth, there's this weird... thing. Honestly it reminded me of a star-nosed mole when I first saw it! It looks like little cilia or something.

Are these totally normal things? Are there any other weird or unusual things about Danes (or possibly dogs in general) that you all can share?
    Jessica, mom to Diesel
    sigpic

My Pit has those things too (I'm pretty sure the ear thing is natural on all dogs) though the lip thing is considerably smaller.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sparrow; 07-27-2014, 11:20 AM.
    ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Both are totally normal to dogs.
      sigpic

Comment

And they just get bigger lol.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
        sigpic
        Fergus
        SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
        Eisen Shark
        C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

Titan has the lips... !!

I was starting to worry if my boy was ever gonna get them... now I'm not as excited about those lips ahhah we have washcloths on a shelf by the back door ready to scoop the mud out of those corner and lips!!!
          sigpic
          Mom of 3 dogs & 4 small humans
          Titan - GD
          Thor - GD RIP 12/28/13 6/1/14
          Finnegan - Mini Schnauzer
          Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

Comment

Sometimes I wish the Ferg lips weren't so big. They make him pretty, but ugh. You could hide a small child in there.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
            sigpic
            Fergus
            SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
            Eisen Shark
            C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

Thank you to everyone who sent in more pics especially- too funny!

Diesel's lips are great for recycling treats- we do a couple commands, he gets some treats, we take a break to play... and then I quickly gather up all the treats that fell out of his lips while we were playing and re-use them for the next round of training!
              Jessica, mom to Diesel
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X