Attempt to beautify the crate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attempt to beautify the crate

Anyone tried to incorporate the crate into their home and "use" it as a table?

I saw some crates like this:

Buying a dane sized wooden crate is out of our price range. We already have his crate and I'm trying to think of ways to build around it. Anyone done something like that and want to PIP

I wouldn't do it with Andros's crate unless there's some way to break it down without ruining what'sbbuilt around it. Also his crate is the dane sized one gosh what are they 48" tall? It'd be like a awkwardly high table lol. But I've definitely put a desk top on top of his crate before. I just don't know how you can make a pretty one like that that can still collapse. And or not look strange being aawkwardly high for a end table or something
    sigpic Little boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Lacey View Post
      I wouldn't do it with Andros's crate unless there's some way to break it down without ruining what'sbbuilt around it. Also his crate is the dane sized one gosh what are they 48" tall? It'd be like a awkwardly high table lol. But I've definitely put a desk top on top of his crate before. I just don't know how you can make a pretty one like that that can still collapse. And or not look strange being aawkwardly high for a end table or something
      Yeah, I think we're just going to set a table top on it and call it a day. LOL

Daytona doesn't come till Friday and we finally set the crate up right after I posted this....it's RIDICULOUSLY huge

Comment

Maybe a sofa table concept???

Excuse typos!!!
        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        sigpic
        Mom of 3 dogs & 4 small humans
        Titan - GD
        Thor - GD RIP 12/28/13 6/1/14
        Finnegan - Mini Schnauzer
        Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

Comment

I wanted to do something like that, but the colossal crate is just too big. Ours is going next to the couch, and I would have to reach WAY up if I wanted to put a drink or the TV remote there . Someday I might invest in a crate cover from www.bowwowbeds.com if we use it when our pup is an adult.
          sigpic
          Chaucey
          Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

I have a sheet thrown over our right now, but am in the process of making a "pretty" crate over with roll up flaps over the doors and stuff. Keeping the top of it covered allows us to store light weight stuff up there, but it isn't beautiful by any means lol.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
            sigpic
            Fergus
            SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
            Eisen Shark
            C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

Attempt to beautify the crate

We are in the process of remodeling and have a huge under the stair space for this. But Jax now is not crated!!!

I still might do it for a future pup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
              Last edited by pfrantz77; 06-11-2014, 04:57 AM. Reason: typo
              sigpic
              Paula
              Mom to Zeus 10/6/2005
              Jackson 12/8/2012

Comment

Originally posted by pfrantz77 View Post

We are in the process of remodeling and have a huge under the stair space for this. But Jax now is not crated!!!

ha ha this is AWESOME and when Chris and I look at buying in a year and a half I am so looking at this option!
                sigpic
                Mom of 3 dogs & 4 small humans
                Titan - GD
                Thor - GD RIP 12/28/13 6/1/14
                Finnegan - Mini Schnauzer
                Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

Comment

I showed these to my husband. He gave me that look. Then proceeded to tell me there isn't enough room under the stairs. Well that was last year (the house was gutted we weren't living in it) then I overheard him telling a friend what he was doing there and how there was plenty of space. it backs up to a spare bedroom closet.

sigpic
                  Paula
                  Mom to Zeus 10/6/2005
                  Jackson 12/8/2012

Comment

I would do it just for the awesome factor!

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
                    sigpic
                    Fergus
                    SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
                    Eisen Shark
                    C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

IF I did this, I would have no other option but to name my dane Harry or Potter. But I'm a giant dork like that!
                      ~ Erin ~
                      "People don't buy what you do; they buy why you do it. And what you do simply proves what you believe." - Simon Sinek
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X