Is Minnie abnormally small?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Minnie abnormally small?

So, I know they grow at their own pace...but Minnie just turned 5 months Thursday and she is approx. 24" tall and weighs 48lbs. Should I be concerned? I started her on a raw diet about 9 days ago and have been a paranoid wreck going through the adjustment. This is just one more thing to be paranoid about.

Problem or no problem?

As long as she's healthy and not overly skinny, you're good.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
    sigpic
    Fergus
    SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
    Eisen Shark
    C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much!
      I copied this from the height weight section:
      Month 4: 50-65 lbs (21-25")
      Month 5: 65-85 lbs (25-30")

Dakota was on the low end early on and at 10.5 mo she is 32in and ~90lbs, she is a hair skinnier than I would like but she just popped up an inch recently! I could probably scan through here and see a past post but I don't think she was all much different than your pup. She didn't really hit her growth until about 6 months.

I personally have a thing about balance not size. I see so many Danes who look so out of proportion so I always keep that in mind

I will look to see if I have a dated 5 month pic..I am not consistent with having a good standing pic ea month

**Found a post I made .. Dakota is 19 weeks, 44 lbs**
      Last edited by mom4jazzie; 06-08-2014, 08:00 AM. Reason: Update found post...
      sigpic
      Bailey (Choc Lab), Jasmin (GD), Dakota (GD)
      Ashley & Chloe (Himalayan)
      In Memory of our beloved Jake
      forever in our hearts

Comment

I wouldn't be concerned, they are not all destined to be monsters. Lol. Kumah is going to be a year and a half next weekend and she is 90lbs and 29 1/4 inches tall. But she is still well within the minimum breed standard height, if she doesn't become a monster then I welcome you to the teacup dane club.
        ~Kelsey, mom to~
        Kumah-merle Great Dane 4 years
        Nala-fawn Great Dane 2 months
        Cece- Calico 4 years
        Sammy- Black Domestic Long Hair 3 years
        Tyke- 4 months

Comment

Originally posted by Kumah View Post
          I wouldn't be concerned, they are not all destined to be monsters. Lol. Kumah is going to be a year and a half next weekend and she is 90lbs and 29 1/4 inches tall. But she is still well within the minimum breed standard height, if she doesn't become a monster then I welcome you to the teacup dane club.
          I have a tea cup boy! Ferg is 33" tall and weighs just a hair over 130 pounds.
          sigpic
          Fergus
          SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
          Eisen Shark
          C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

Thanks everyone. I am not hung up on her being huge by any means, just making sure it is nothing to be concerned about health wise.

Tea Cup Dane Club - lol...nice!

Comment

Andross is kinda teacup too 34" 115 to 120lbs when at okay weight.
              sigpic Little boy!

Comment

Apollo is 19 weeks, 21 inches, and just shy of 50 pounds. Totally healthy, totally normal
                -- Katelyn

sigpic
                Apollo

Comment

Working...
                X