Scent Marker not used as promised

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scent Marker not used as promised

When we met our breeder I gave her a scent marker, a baby blanket. I expressed to her how I wanted the blanket to be with our puppy, the liter and Mom while our pup was still in her care. Our breeder agreed without any problems, but yesterday when we went to visit Harley-Quinn there was no sign of the blanket. Should I bring it up or let it go since our baby is only 4 weeks?

Does any one know how long it takes for the scent marker takes to fully absorb the liter and Moms smells?
    Megan and Harley-Quinn
    sigpic

I think a day or two usually does the job. If it's in with the pups for 4 weeks, it'll be disgusting.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
    sigpic
    Fergus
    SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
    Eisen Shark
    C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

I think a day or two usually does the job. If it's in with the pups for 4 weeks, it'll be disgusting.

You're right SuzanneRM82-I never thought about that side. Thanks for pointing that out to me.
      Megan and Harley-Quinn
      sigpic

Comment

Phineas was sent home with a teddy bear with his mother and litters scent on it. I actually discovered he boohoo'd ten times more in his crate at night with it but didn't without it. I don't think he found it as a comfort as much as a "where are they?" kind of reminder.

If you want him to have it, discuss it with her. I wouldn't think but a day or two with mom and the litter will be more than enough.
        sigpic

Comment

What I thought worked better was me sleeping with one of my old shirts a night or two, then tossing that in his crate. Fergus was a supreme momma's boy about ten minutes after meeting us though lol.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
          sigpic
          Fergus
          SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
          Eisen Shark
          C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

Apollo sleeps with me at night, but with his new crate, he would cry, and cry, and cry, after I thought he had gotten over that, but the other day, I was playing with him, and I laid in his bed with him for a few minutes until he fell asleep. Since then, he hasn't cried once. I don't know if I just got my scent on the bed, or if I just showed him it's a safe place, but either way, it worked [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            -- Katelyn

sigpic
            Apollo

Comment

Working...
            X