Sunscreen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunscreen

So I really went and did it this time. I fell in LOVE with a puppy that has quite a bit of pink skin on his nose and belly. My second thought on seeing him (first thought was "how cute!") was that he'll need sunscreen.

I use regular human sunscreen on my horse, but I read that dogs should have specially formulated pet sunscreen that will not be toxic if ingested. Does anyone have a sunscreen that they use, or know where I can find a good product?

Could you use straight zinc I wonder...We have a white dog, and I put baby sunscreen on her back/head/ears when we are at the river, and I honestly never even considered it being an issue. Oops.
    sigpic
    Beth, with...
    Daisy the Chihuahua mix
    Ranger the Heeler mix
    Sarge the Great Dane
    Bravo the Mastiff mix

And two cats, two ferrets, one husband, and four kids.

Comment

I use baby sunscreen on Phineas. He is a very pink dog too. I do his nose, the muzzle part between the eyes and the nose where the hair is sparse, inside of his ear flaps, inner thighs and belly / lower chest. I know they sell sunscreen for dogs, but I prefer the baby stuff. I just put on what he needs and I don't slather it thick. He has never bothered with it. If anything, dirt sticks to it easily. LOL
      sigpic

Comment

I think about this every time I look at the pics of my soon-to-be Dane baby, then I always forget to post.

Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Thanks guys!

I'll give the baby stuff a try and just keep an eye on him. If he tries to lick it off, I'll know to invest in something else.

Comment

Working...
          X