new bed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new bed

So I read a back in the archives through some bed posts but I'm wondering specifically if anyone has had any of the following beds and how their experience was with them.

k9 ballistics orthopedic beds: http://www.k9ballistics.com/Orthoped...Bed_p_159.html

llbean therapeutic dog beds: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/51665...ed-rectangular

foster and smith deluxe dog bed: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...10&pcatid=7310

All the beds are around 6 inches thick. I'm leaning toward the k9 ballistics because it has a memory foam top with a denser bottom foam and they actually picture giant breeds on their beds instead of just photoshoped in like some sites.
    sigpic

I don't have the ones you listed, but I have this one: http://www.mammothoutlet.com/extra-large-dog-beds.htm. We love it!

The other really nice is Barker Beds. They are pricey but totally worth it.
    ~ Erin ~
    "People don't buy what you do; they buy why you do it. And what you do simply proves what you believe." - Simon Sinek
    sigpic

Comment

I vote for the big barker beds

We were hung up on the price $400 but decided it was worth it in the long run. It is guaranteed not to flatten out for 10 years.

The bed itself is amazing and comfortable enough for us to lie down on. We had them cut a custom one for us so it would fit his kennel. Customer service was amazing, quick response to emails and getting the product out. Also, if there was a problem with the product (size mainly since it was custom) the owner said it was not an issue to return it for a refund or another bed with them paying shipping both ways. On top of a great bed the cover is super durable and easy to get on and off; not a pain trying to pull it off or stretch it back over the bed.

Comment

My girl refused to get on the K9 Orthpedic bed because she thought it too bouncy and I think it scared her. So I threw her Mammoth bed on top of it and she jumped up just fine. So, all together she has about a $500 bed. The K9 bed, the orthpedic pad that is extra cost, the slip cover that is extra cost and the Mammoth bed that cost I don't remember but seem to be just fine. Plus, a $65 throw I gave her of ours. She has a very inflated sense of herself about now. All well deserved, of course.

Comment

Thanks for your feeback guys, I remember looking at the big barker beds but dismissing them because the cover looks like suede-ish to me (I know it says "furniture grade microfiber" but what is a microfiber lol), seemed hard to clean? I'll take another look.
          I've looked at the mammoth beds and even though it seems a lot of dogs love them I've read they are a pain to take apart and wash and also I'm not a big fan of the round beds. I might consider buying one in the future if he doesn't like the one I purchase.
          sigpic

Comment

a baby crib or small kids bed works great ... large enough for your big baby , easy to find , sheet can pull off and wash ...

Comment

Originally posted by Tiva View Post
              Thanks for your feeback guys, I remember looking at the big barker beds but dismissing them because the cover looks like suede-ish to me (I know it says "furniture grade microfiber" but what is a microfiber lol), seemed hard to clean? I'll take another look.
              I've looked at the mammoth beds and even though it seems a lot of dogs love them I've read they are a pain to take apart and wash and also I'm not a big fan of the round beds. I might consider buying one in the future if he doesn't like the one I purchase.
              I have read that it's a pain to wash them....but they are at least washable. That's my bright side! I've had mine only a few months and haven't had to wash it yet. Tucker has his blankets on it. They have a really nice square model too that I almost got. The size needed would have been too big for our room though. The circle bed is really nice for like the bedroom floor, but would definitely not be crate friendly. Tucker is actually quite comfy on it. I was actually pretty surprised. He's very much a bedtime snuggler, but he really prefers his bed now.
              ~ Erin ~
              "People don't buy what you do; they buy why you do it. And what you do simply proves what you believe." - Simon Sinek
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blubeachdane View Post
                a baby crib or small kids bed works great ... large enough for your big baby , easy to find , sheet can pull off and wash ...
                this is what I ended up going with.
                sigpic
                Mom of 3 dogs & 4 small humans
                Titan - GD
                Thor - GD RIP 12/28/13 6/1/14
                Finnegan - Mini Schnauzer
                Cookie - Mini Schnauzer

Comment

new bed

We have two of the regular rectangular llbean beds (not the therapeutic version) as well as two fleece couch ones. The dogs like the rectangular ones but they LOVE the fleece couch ones. I highly recommend them. Great size for danes (we got the XL) and I think they love feeling all cozy inside the bumpers. They also love to hang their heads on the bumpers.
                  Last edited by maggies; 04-09-2014, 07:10 AM.
                  sigpic
                  6 year old brindle male GD
                  3 year old black female GD

Comment

We have got our last 2 sets at petco, (actually 3 I bought 6 of the last type bc they were such a good deal). I doubt they would hold up to chewing but one set is microfiber, I have had them for nearly 2 years and they clean up in the washer amazingly well! I tried to find more like it but it is hard to find something that feels like it will hold up! Dakota still get bored and pulls at the seams of her first bed so until that stops she doesn't get the good bed!

I like some of those options people posted, putting that in the earmarked section for good places to look in the future. I love the chew worthy option! My only thing is that the hair doesn't get all stuck b/w fibers. The GD's are not as bad but my labs hair gets in everything...especially right now there is so much hair everyday, I swear they should be bald!

Oh--and I have an excessive licker so we added waterproof baby bed covers that zip around the bedding and the cover goes over that...best idea ever..too bad it took me so long to figure it out! We use it on all beds, I swear it keeps the smell low bc the doggy smell can't get into the padding!
                    Last edited by mom4jazzie; 04-09-2014, 12:34 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Bailey (Choc Lab), Jasmin (GD), Dakota (GD)
                    Ashley & Chloe (Himalayan)
                    In Memory of our beloved Jake
                    forever in our hearts

Comment

Ok I've decided to go with the llbean bed that maggies has but with the foam bottom for my room and the a big barker bed for the family room, that way I can test both kinds and see what he likes. I'll let you guys know how they are.
                      Thanks for everyone advice and input! We appreciate it!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tiva View Post
                        Ok I've decided to go with the llbean bed that maggies has but with the foam bottom for my room and the a big barker bed for the family room, that way I can test both kinds and see what he likes. I'll let you guys know how they are.
                        Thanks for everyone advice and input! We appreciate it!

Sorry to bump this thread, but which one did they prefer in the end between the llbean and the big barker? I prefer how the llbean couch looks but perhaps the big barker is more comfy?

Also, do you think that the higher price of the "therapeutic" llbean is justified if a dog does not suffer from joint pains and such?

Comment

Working...
                        X