Collar help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collar help

I'm having trouble finding a dane sized personalized collars on e bay and amazon. I wanted to order the one with the letters on it but the biggest size is 22"-26". Capo's neck is currently 22,5" he is 9 months old and full grown his neck is going to be bigger then 26". Where do you order your dogs collars from? The problem is I'm in Europe so they have to ship here and almost every site I find doesn't ship here or the shipping costs x5 the price of the collar.
    sigpic
    Capo (Great Dane) 25.11.2012

Murphy(Dachshund mix) 15.04.1996-03.09.2012
    Vili (Holsteiner horse) 27.08.2002

Check out Lizard Leather collars. She is in the UK and is exceptionally nice. She can stamp letters into the leather too or create anything you want. Can get pricey though!

In the states, I prefer to get leather collars from Paco, Karma, or Ella's lead. For miscellaneous collars, I like Dogs-Art and Sexy Beast Collars.

All of these collar makers are on Facebook and will all do custom work

Comment

What kind of collar are you looking for? Like leather, nylon, martingale? I usually order from this one sight in the UK that makes sighthound martingale collars, they're adjustable to whatever size you want them to be. I've ordered from Etsy too.
      sigpic

Comment

Thank you, I'll look them up
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HarlequinHorror View Post
          What kind of collar are you looking for? Like leather, nylon, martingale? I usually order from this one sight in the UK that makes sighthound martingale collars, they're adjustable to whatever size you want them to be. I've ordered from Etsy too.
          Whichever. I just like the ones with the names or nice collars in geneal but I can't get any kind besides the plain nylon ones or choke chains in dane size here. The choice for small dogs is nice, but I guess the pet stores here don't think that giant dog owners want to dress their pups up . Good thing I don't live in the US because Capo would have a ton of collars by now
          I'll see Etsy too thank you
          sigpic

Comment

I've purchased from this company before and have been very happy with the results. There store only carries up to 26", but if you contact them, they will make any larger size that you may need. Their prices are VERY reasonable and the quality was fab. I like that I can order other colors too. Just click the contact button and tell them what size you are looking for and they will quote you a price. That's what I did and it was only a few bucks more then the large collar price. The name stamping was very nice, but I really liked the brass phone number tag!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Leathercra...on_id=12159687

Also, back in January 2013, the US post office just about DOUBLED the international first class package rate. I knew the postage was going up but about choked on the international first class mail price increase. I own an online business and our business is made up of about 50% international. We took a huge hit in business when the postage increase hit. I looked at this companies collar shipping charge to you and it's about what it costs to send you a package.
            Last edited by Angel7292; 08-30-2013, 05:30 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure if they ship to Europe but the company Blocky Dogs has cool, custom collars specifically for large dogs. I think they will make any size you need. They have a pic on their website with one of their collars on a cow. By the way, Capo is sure handsome!!
              sigpic

Comment

I second 'Sexy Beast' on FB. She custom makes collars, so you can order whatever size you need. There are many options for leather, ribbon, and mixtures of the two. She offers nameplates, to put your dog's name on the collar. Her prices are minimal compared to Karma or Paco, but the weight and bling are lesser too.

~Reich (CGC) 12/21/09 - 1/26/12~
                ~Behr 4/22/11 - 3/28/14~

~Buhl 2/09/10~
                <3 My heart breaks for my lost Dane babies <3

Comment

Originally posted by Angel7292 View Post
                  I've purchased from this company before and have been very happy with the results. There store only carries up to 26", but if you contact them, they will make any larger size that you may need. Their prices are VERY reasonable and the quality was fab. I like that I can order other colors too. Just click the contact button and tell them what size you are looking for and they will quote you a price. That's what I did and it was only a few bucks more then the large collar price. The name stamping was very nice, but I really liked the brass phone number tag!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Leathercra...on_id=12159687

Also, back in January 2013, the US post office just about DOUBLED the international first class package rate. I knew the postage was going up but about choked on the international first class mail price increase. I own an online business and our business is made up of about 50% international. We took a huge hit in business when the postage increase hit. I looked at this companies collar shipping charge to you and it's about what it costs to send you a package.
                  Thank you for the link the collars are great.

It doesn't have to be first class, I'm in no hurry. It can arrive whenever. As for the postage just the other day I ordered the zoom groom from e bay for 8,34$ and the postage is about 1,39$ and it's economy Int'l Shipping. I don't mind to pay a bit more for something that I really like, but sometimes the shipment for 20$ item is 50$ and that's a bit too much.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carrie View Post
                    I'm not sure if they ship to Europe but the company Blocky Dogs has cool, custom collars specifically for large dogs. I think they will make any size you need. They have a pic on their website with one of their collars on a cow. By the way, Capo is sure handsome!!
                    Blocky dogs are great too. Boy I hope that all of your suggestions don't ship or I'll have to buy them all Thank you all I wouldn't have never found these great sites.

Thank you Carrie, I'm very proud of him.
                    sigpic

Comment

I also have to say that Capo has grown into a very handsome guy! He took my breath away looking at his gorgeous face while standing in the water! Nice pic.
                      Mary
                      Eve, sweet couch potato DA GD, 2009-
                      Louie, rescue cat, 2011-
                      Jazz, sweet, loving GD, 2008-2010
                      Max, BYB GD, 2000-2007
                      Gabby, rescue Lab, 1998-2008
                      Dusty, rescue sheltie mix, 1980-1992

Comment

Originally posted by maryw View Post
                        I also have to say that Capo has grown into a very handsome guy! He took my breath away looking at his gorgeous face while standing in the water! Nice pic.
                        Thank you so much, it means a lot coming from dane people
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crodane View Post
                          Thank you for the link the collars are great.

It doesn't have to be first class, I'm in no hurry. It can arrive whenever. As for the postage just the other day I ordered the zoom groom from e bay for 8,34$ and the postage is about 1,39$ and it's economy Int'l Shipping. I don't mind to pay a bit more for something that I really like, but sometimes the shipment for 20$ item is 50$ and that's a bit too much.
                          First class international mail *IS* the slow snail mail method. It can take anywhere from 7-10 days for some locations all the way up to over a month for other locations.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Angel7292 View Post
                            First class international mail *IS* the slow snail mail method. It can take anywhere from 7-10 days for some locations all the way up to over a month for other locations.
                            Wow I didn't know that.
                            The link you gave me is GREAT they have 28" ones, but I will not order for now since Capo has a lot of growing to do his neck is 22" now at 9 months.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X