X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MongosMommy
    started a topic Bed for my shredder.

Bed for my shredder.

Ok my silly dog has learned the art of shredding. Toys aren't lasting and now his bed.

He had a bed that we got him when he was a puppy. Must of picked the wrong one because he destroyed it in a couple weeks of getting it. So then he claimed this one blanky that he has been using for 7 months. In the past week he decided to start shredding it. So bye bye blanky. Not sure if it is a phase and he is teething. Because he has been really ripping through things the past couple of weeks.

What beds do you use that they won't destroy and is it washable? Any suggestion for toys?

Thanks for the help everyone.

Angel
    Last edited by MongosMommy; 07-09-2013, 07:03 AM.

• MongosMommy
    replied
    I ordered the Kuranda. I know they use something similar at the dog boarder down the street that we looked at for boarding him in August. So mine as well get him use to it now

Leave a comment:

• MongosMommy
    replied
    Thanks everyone All great info. I will check into the beds and toys mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• mnmouse
    replied
    Originally posted by faust View Post
    If you want to go super high end there are the Big Barker beds that have a 10 year warranty for no dipping and I think no tearing. I've heard rave reviews from mastiff owners.
    http://www.bigbarker.com/
    That cover on the big barker bed looks flimsy for a chewer/shredder. Plus, How to you get the doggy stank out of the cushion? Just washing the cover doesn't make a clean odor-free dog bed! You could almost buy a new, inexpensive couch for the price of one of those--lol! Or get a used couch or twin mattress at a thrift shop for $20.

Leave a comment:

• faust
    replied
    If you want to go super high end there are the Big Barker beds that have a 10 year warranty for no dipping and I think no tearing. I've heard rave reviews from mastiff owners.
    http://www.bigbarker.com/

Leave a comment:

• AprilLynne
    replied
    I'm thinking of getting a Kuranda bed for outside this fall, but indoors we've done well with an LLBean bed (and I've used that lifetime warranty once already!)

Leave a comment:

• mnmouse
    replied
    Sudden destruction of items can indicate the dog is bored or under-stimulated. I'm having a tough time keeping my crew wore out with the heat and the bugs. Outside is just not dane friendly right now. I make sure they get interesting snacks, good chewies like bully sticks and chicken feet, and we play inside games that maybe don't wear them out physically, but hide and seek and find the tossed treat in the pile of blankets before the other three dogs get it work their mind.
    Last edited by mnmouse; 07-09-2013, 07:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• maggies
    replied
    My girl is the same way! We finally had success with llbean beds. They are tough and have a lifetime guarantee. We have two of them for her.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/44561...560-ppxs&dds=y

Leave a comment:

• Debbieann
    replied
    Nothing like a Kuranda bed. While not cheap, the bed will last for years as they are virtually indestructible. Check it out on their website. They are very easy to clean. As far as toys, we don't do soft toys as Moose is a shredder. We stick with the heavy duty rubber toys. Because he loves squeaky toys finding tough toys usually isn't a problem. Kong makes excellent toys that are tough and big.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X