Gorgeous day!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorgeous day!

Today in the DC area we had unbelievable weather. I think the temp was around 70. Needless to say, instead of brisk solo walks with just Ludo and I, we all went for a very long stroll. Eventually we found ourselves in Bethesda row(a cute area with lost of restaurants and boutiques). We got stopped a lot. We expect it and never really mind. People are so delighted to meet Ludo. A couple things happened today that were either funny or sweet. First, a gentleman comes up to us and very matter of factly says, "you know..there's an underground parking garage. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you parked your horse there as long as you clean up the poop." Then he smiled and asked to pet Ludo. Ok horse jokes get over played at times, but that one truly cracked me up. Ludo met lots of children. He does love those little humans and is quite gentle with them. He sits without being told and lowers his head so the little ones can pet him. It's so sweet to witness. The most remarkable moment is when we encountered a family. The grandmother was in a wheel chair. While the others were petting Ludo and speaking with us, Ludo moved closer to the woman in the wheel chair, sat and rested just a bit of his head on her lap. How did he know to be so gentle? I was astounded. At first I apologized and called him off, but the woman said, "no. He's fine". And spent a few minutes petting him before we parted ways.

He can be the biggest spazz at home, but out in public he's an angel! He made me proud and really showed people today how sweet this breed really is. Ahhh! I love my puppy so much!!!

Awesome! What a great ambassador for our breed!
    sigpic
    1 husband * 1 teenager * 2 great danes * 2 boxers * 1 cats * 2 African cichlids * 34 land hermit crabs
    RIP Tyler RIP Smokey
    http://thegratedanegane.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
    X