aha! bed rules have changed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aha! bed rules have changed!

My fiance had a "no doggie sleeping with us" rule. Notice I said "had"? Ludo always hops in bed with me after Kevin gets up for work. He has no problems with that. He just felt there wasn't enough room for the 3 of us. Well...Kevin went on a business trip. The nights he was gone, Ludo was in bed with me all night. When Kevin came back from his business trip, Ludo would reluctantly slink to his couch when Kevin came to bed. Not without his typical "I disapprove of this decision" whining and roos though. Kevin started to let Ludo in bed for a little while at bed time. Ludo eventually went to his couch on his own. Well now Ludo sleeps right in between us all night. Last night Kevin says, "we really need a king sized bed...start shopping." I win!

LOL hehe yeah Danes certainly have a way doing that. Our second Dane, Isla, would race us upstairs to the bedroom at night and jump on the bed to get her spot before we could lay down.

Comment

Try having a two year old and a dane in the bed between you everynight. l

Comment

Originally posted by Jehn View Post
        "we really need a king sized bed...start shopping." I win!
        Make sure to buy bigger blankets too!! They tend to hog the covers! Tucker gets "cold" at night (even though he has 3 blankets and a comforter on HIS bed). It is not uncommon to feel a giant "thump" in the middle of the night.
        ~ Erin ~
        "People don't buy what you do; they buy why you do it. And what you do simply proves what you believe." - Simon Sinek
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
          Make sure to buy bigger blankets too!! They tend to hog the covers! Tucker gets "cold" at night (even though he has 3 blankets and a comforter on HIS bed). It is not uncommon to feel a giant "thump" in the middle of the night.

My Ludo is a weird one. He doesn't like blankets. He'll lay ON them, but if I feel it's chilly and try to drape one on him he kicks it off. Now he's in bed, I wake up cold because he's somehow managed to move the blankets to the floor. He just doesn't like em. He's a strange one!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatDane View Post
            Try having a two year old and a dane in the bed between you everynight. l
            I'm betting I'll experience that soon! My youngest is 18 months right now. She can't get out of her crib YET, but I'm sure that day will be here before I know it. LOL

Comment

funny that this was posted today!!!

We've been running on serious lack of sleep here because Odin wakes me up at 3am... I take him potty.. then it's next to impossible for me to get back to sleep..

DH left yesterday on a business trip.. and Odin slept on the bed... and didn't wake me up.. I can't remember the last time I got 7 uninterrupted hours of sleep!!!!
              Be the change you want to see in the world!

Odin's Adventures

Comment

Woohoo for uninterrupted sleep!

Comment

Bedzz Express has an Awesome Pillow Top mattress (the Talverna) for less than $1500 (free box springs) .. it's pretty flipping awesome. Just sayin ...
                  sigpic
                  A backyard breeder (BYB) is someone who has been deemed not a reputable breeder.

A "Responsible Breeder" supports their buyers, supports their own dogs, and supports the lives of any fututre puppies by having (and keeping up with) all the appropriate health testing suggested by the GDCA.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLittleSmall View Post
                    Bedzz Express has an Awesome Pillow Top mattress (the Talverna) for less than $1500 (free box springs) .. it's pretty flipping awesome. Just sayin ...
                    ohhh that looks awesome! pillow top is the way to go for me. I love the soft squish, but the firm support. I'm a pain in the butt when it comes to mattress shopping. when our current bed was delivered, I flipped because when I went to lie on it, it didn't feel anything like the one in the showroom. turns out, it was our bed frame that sucked. I've since taken it off the frame and on left it on the floor. The darn thing was too tall on the frame anyway. had to take a running jump to get in it! LOL We're also considering the sleep number bed. Decisions...decisions...

Comment

I can just see it now.... oOoOo.... you and Kevin get a bigger bed and yet you have no more room than you did before! Ludo the bed thief!
                      sigpic
                      <, and Stef
                      <'
                      What do you call cheese that isn't yours? Macho Cheese!!

Comment

Originally posted by fets View Post
                        I can just see it now.... oOoOo.... you and Kevin get a bigger bed and yet you have no more room than you did before! Ludo the bed thief!
                        I'm thinking that this right here is probably going to be very accurate. Time will tell and I shall report the findings asap! lol

Comment

it didn't feel anything like the one in the showroom
                          Just a little secret about mattress shopping .. keep in mind that the mattresses on the showroom floor have been laid on over and over and over for months .. so they aren't ever going to feel like the new mattress right out of the bag that has never had anything laid on it (they don't store them stacked like pancakes they are stacked side by side on purpose, so that nothing lays on them lol).

This is why most mattresses come with a 120 day exchange policy (and a 20% restocking fee) .. just be sure to always buy the mattress protector (otherwise you are stuck with the one you bought).

We have the Taverna. We got the Plush version first and it was just too firm for my back to handle, so we swapped it for the Pillow Top .. much better. I love that mattress. It's got a cooling gel layer so it keeps the heat your body creates wicked away from you (but doesn't make you cold at all) .. which is especially great when you have a radiator (or 3) laying in between/on top of you lol.
                          sigpic
                          A backyard breeder (BYB) is someone who has been deemed not a reputable breeder.

A "Responsible Breeder" supports their buyers, supports their own dogs, and supports the lives of any fututre puppies by having (and keeping up with) all the appropriate health testing suggested by the GDCA.

Comment

Just a little secret about mattress shopping .. keep in mind that the mattresses on the showroom floor have been laid on over and over and over for months .. so they aren't ever going to feel like the new mattress right out of the bag that has never had anything laid on it (they don't store them stacked like pancakes they are stacked side by side on purpose, so that nothing lays on them lol).
                            That is EXACTLY what the fiance said. LOL I still was disappointed. However, we got Ludo shortly after we bought that bed so I was couching it during potty training. Which I didn't mind because the bed was dreadfully uncomfortable to me anyway. It's SUPER comfy now. Maybe Kevin broke it in for me while I was absent. Maybe taking away the frame helped too. I never really have used bed frames. It's either platform or nothing at all. Could be a combo of both. The bed is finally comfy and now we're looking to replace it. OY! I suggested we hold off until we move though so we know what will fit once we find a new place. At least we won't be cold this winter.

Comment

That is EXACTLY what the fiance said. LOL I still was disappointed. However, we got Ludo shortly after we bought that bed so I was couching it during potty training. Which I didn't mind because the bed was dreadfully uncomfortable to me anyway. It's SUPER comfy now. Maybe Kevin broke it in for me while I was absent. Maybe taking away the frame helped too. I never really have used bed frames. It's either platform or nothing at all. Could be a combo of both. The bed is finally comfy and now we're looking to replace it. OY! I suggested we hold off until we move though so we know what will fit once we find a new place. At least we won't be cold this winter.
                              More than likely he has been sleeping on it and breaking it in, or you've been sleeping on the sofa so long anything woudl feel better lol.

Your bed frame shouldn't really make a hill of bean to the way your mattress sleeps .. that's what the box springs are for (they are wood frames inside) they should be stiff/rigid and the bed frame is really just to raise it off the floor so it doesn't get dirty (kicked with shoes, etc), things don't get spilled and absorbed into the box springs, and so you don't have to squat down to get into bed (or pull yourself up out of bed).

Box Springs however .. if not properly made (or not the right size) will contribute to the way your bed sleeps.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X