Castiel won!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castiel won!

I entered Cas in a contest at Woofstock. They wanted to know what made your dog special. The prize was an 800 dollar photography package from a pet photographer here in Toronto.

HE WON.

I'm just... I just found out and I'm overwhelmed and SO EXCITED. I can't wait to get more details, holy crud! I'll have amazing photos of my baby!
    1 Great Dane - Castiel (white-deaf and visually impaired). 4 cats - Shinigami, Peter Parker, Dial Home Device aka DHD and Mobile Analytical Laboratory Probe aka MALP. 3 reformed feeder rats - Steve , Tony and Bruce. 1 sugar glider - Donna.

A home with a wealth of animals, on our journey to becoming a home with a wealth of animals and a dearth of clutter.

Hey, that's great. You'll have to post them so we can see them.

Comment

Oh, I absolutely will be sharing. I'm so excited. I've been admiring their work since Cas was a tiny baby, but it wasn't in our budget. They're very expensive, but you're getting what you pay for. So this is just... amazing. I'm so glad that we're getting a chance to do this now, while he's young, so we'll be able to remember how wonderful he is forever.
      1 Great Dane - Castiel (white-deaf and visually impaired). 4 cats - Shinigami, Peter Parker, Dial Home Device aka DHD and Mobile Analytical Laboratory Probe aka MALP. 3 reformed feeder rats - Steve , Tony and Bruce. 1 sugar glider - Donna.

A home with a wealth of animals, on our journey to becoming a home with a wealth of animals and a dearth of clutter.

Comment

How wonderful for you! Can't wait to see them.
        sigpicLynn - Ximmy's Mom's Mom - John & Lynsie, skin kids, Faela & Gus skin grandkids,OnzaPous, ReignaPous, Banshee & Kit-ten and now Dare Devil and Fuzzy Butt the cats, and of course......Ximmy Ximmy Xoom Xoom and [COLOR=red]Sprocket (aka Sprockey Wocky Puppy Pants) and Sibanca our newest Dane rescue

Comment

Yay!

Martha
          sigpic

Comment

Congrats! What a score! Can't wait to see the pictures!
            sigpic

Comment

Wow, that's awesome! Congrats!!
              sigpic

Comment

Awesome! Awesome prize too! Can't wait to see pics!!!
                sigpic
                1 husband * 1 teenager * 2 great danes * 2 boxers * 1 cats * 2 African cichlids * 34 land hermit crabs
                RIP Tyler RIP Smokey
                http://thegratedanegane.wordpress.com/

Comment

Congratulations! Can't wait to see the photos!
                  sigpic

Comment

COOL, COOL, COOL!!! can't wait to see the photos, do you know when your shoot will be?

and, can you share with us what you wrote that was the winning entry? i'd love to see it!
                    [SIGPIC]

Comment

As I am up now (It's god awful o'clock and I'm at school waiting for Class to start!), I will share what Theonix wrote for the contest entry: They wanted an inspirational story about how your dog inspires you!

This is Castiel (and my partner, Kel Meisner) on a hike we took a couple weeks ago. Castiel is our 17 month old great dane pup. He was born deaf because of a pigment deficiency that occurs when people breed two dogs who have the ‘merle’ colour gene together. Many dogs like him are deaf, blind or deaf and blind. We love him dearly, but with responsible breeding practises, he shouldn’t even exist. The other side effect of his pigment deficiency is that he is night blind though his vision is otherwise very normal.

I had to work the Sunday of Woofstock, so he had to stay home. When I got home, it was later than I intended and he needed to go out and play so badly that I didn’t even sit down. I took him straight to the park. It was starting to get dark and while the park has lights, there are some corners that are very poorly lit. The other dogs that were there, that he was playing with kept running into these poorly lit areas.

Castiel kept getting lost! He couldn’t find his friends. He would stand very, very patiently in the light and look around, wagging his tail in that hopeful little half wag that every dog owner knows so well. So I’d go over, tap his shoulder and lead him into the darkness so he could find his friends.

He played like this for over an hour. Losing his friends then waiting for me to come take him to them. There was no frustration. There was no anger. There was only vague confusion and the desire to play. Even blinded by the darkness, this deaf boy did not lose his patience with the universe and he did not get frightened or angry. With only taste, touch and scent, he played happily, bouncing and hopping and wrestling in the dark.

I would have been terrified. I would have been screaming in terror if I found myself apparently isolated like that. But my beautiful boy just took it in stride, without complaint. He’s an inspiration to me every day and we love him more than anything.

Just don’t tell him he’s deaf or he’ll blackmail you for sympathy lovings.

Comment

I so totally cried.

Congratulations, what an awesome gift! I can't wait to see the pics!

Comment

*bawling again*

Awww...that is amazing. No wonder you (s) won. Congratulations!!!
                          sigpic

Kiizhik-LabXRotti (1999-2012) R.I.P. baby girl.
                          Gimaakwe-LabX (2004-
                          Deaglan-Dane (May 2008-Feb 26, 2016) RIP My Sweet Boy.
                          Jadzia-Dane (2010-
                          Gallagher-Irish Wolfhound (Dec 4, 2016-

Comment

Wow, that's awesome! Congratulations! Can't wait to see how the session turned out!
                            sigpic

Chris, mom to: Keiko--husky/shep mix (RIP), Gunther--great dane, Nigel and Posey--rat terriers, Pasta--cockatiel, Louigi--peach fronted conure, Hamlet--blue crowned conure

Comment

Beautiful! And what a fantastic prize!
                              "I don’t care if a dog is 150 pounds or 10 pounds, and whether the issue is leash manners or biting visitors. There are no dogs who need a heavier hand—there are only trainers who need more knowledge and a lighter touch." Suzanne Clothier
                              sigpic
                              Rocky & Emma
                              Follow our adventures at
                              www.instagram.com/spottedangels

Comment

Working...
                              X