X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $27,000!!!

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...-scotts-valley

Now I'd love a show dane that looks like that but $27,000... that's a lot of money.
    sigpic
    Hamish: Great Dane born July 25 2011
    Sophie: English Mastiff born May 30 2009
    Visit my blog at http://gonetothebigdogs.wordpress.com/

I hate to be a knob... but since I do it so well....

$27,000 FOR A DOG!? IS HE OUT OF HIS DAMNED MIND!?

18 months.... never shown.... potential breeding dog who has not proven his worth in a ring....

**faints**

AND HE DIDN'T INSURE HIM AFTER PAYING THAT MUCH!? That alone is insane.

I wish him luck in finding his dog tho.... jeeze. I'd be choked if Moose was stolen and I paid 18x less than that for Moose:P
    sigpic
    Nitro- Female Mastiff x Dane - July 3, 2010 - July 27, 2013 (RIP Sweet Girl)
    Moose - Male Great Dane - June 3, 2011
    Rush - Male Great Dane - April 8th, 2015 (MBPIS MBPIG Can. GCH Group Placing Paquestone's Intense Rush)

Comment

I agree, I could buy a fully trained and proven show HORSE for that!! or a deposit on a house, or a brand new car... I have enough problem justifying paying $50 for a good bra (probably why I am in such desperate need of new ones) I don't think I could justify $27,000 for a dog, no matter how pretty.
      sigpic

Comment

This is Eva Robinson's, (Riverwood), son. He definitely knows Danes, but I don't know where he came up with that amount...
        Karen, Chance, Lucy and Savanah RB

sigpic

Comment

I could see a dog being worth 27,000 but not paying that much for one.. I mean if you include all the stud fees this dog COULD have made in his life I guess that may add up to 27,000.. I have no idea prices on stud fees..

I really wonder if thats a typo..
          sigpic
          CHDANTRYDANES SUNNY SIDE OF LIFE- "Moose"
          Born: April 10,2011

FINISHED IN 1 WEEKEND
          Bitch-CHDANTRYDANES SHE'S A NATURAL
          Stud-CHDANTRYDANES OUT OF AZORES

Comment

lol. sooo let me get this strait.

the dog has never been shown.
            the dog was left at the mobile home.
            yet the dog was purchased for 27000 grand??

haha laughable. sounds like an insurance scam if ya ask me.

Comment

A typo.... or someone who just upped the price of his dog incase something happens to it and the person who took it is caught....

And I agree... it's what he COULD BE worth.... if he was shown, a great champion and proven stud dog...

But he's none of the above... *face palm*
              Last edited by TMedic37; 05-10-2012, 12:06 PM.
              sigpic
              Nitro- Female Mastiff x Dane - July 3, 2010 - July 27, 2013 (RIP Sweet Girl)
              Moose - Male Great Dane - June 3, 2011
              Rush - Male Great Dane - April 8th, 2015 (MBPIS MBPIG Can. GCH Group Placing Paquestone's Intense Rush)

Comment

Originally posted by Anna N' Hamish View Post
                I agree, I could buy a fully trained and proven show HORSE for that!! or a deposit on a house, or a brand new car... I have enough problem justifying paying $50 for a good bra (probably why I am in such desperate need of new ones) I don't think I could justify $27,000 for a dog, no matter how pretty.
                I'm the same way! My husband gave me a gift card to Victoria Secret which forces me to buy them .

If I won the lottery maybe, man that's a GORGEOUS dog. I wonder if the $27,000 isn't US dollars? And why would you leave anything that valuable uninsured and in an unlocked vehicle?!?!

Comment

Maybe his potential value could be worth $27,000 in the future. But to pay $27K for him? I don't think so.
                  sigpic

Comment

maybe he meant 2,700.
                    When I initially read this article I was thinking if the dog is worth that much I don't think I'd be telling the world that. Now the thiefs will really want to keep him.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm kinda having a hard time with a few things.

#1. He's 18 months old and hasn't been shown yet, but was about to start to. Aren't most dogs well on their way by 18 months old?

#2. He was bought to use in his breeding program, OK .. you paid $27k for a dog who hasn't been shown yet (and may either suck or hate showing) to use soley for breeding?

#3. He was worth $27k but not insured immediantly *squinty eye* cars worth less than that are fully insured before they drive off the lot.

#4. The guy was living in a RV with 2 great danes and has a breeding program?

#5. He says, and I quote "It was just so hot (Tuesday) that I thought he'd be fine (what about Lily, didn't care about how she would be?) for an hour. I never thought for a second he'd be taken (what about Lily, did you think anyone would take her?)" .. um, wait .. what? Did you leave your dogs in a hot RV without the air on? Nice (not).

P.S.

Also the photo on that webpage states under Knights photo
                      "Knight, a 175-pound Great Dane champion show dog"
                      sigpic
                      A backyard breeder (BYB) is someone who has been deemed not a reputable breeder.

A "Responsible Breeder" supports their buyers, supports their own dogs, and supports the lives of any fututre puppies by having (and keeping up with) all the appropriate health testing suggested by the GDCA.

Comment

Originally posted by jrturk View Post
                        I'm the same way! My husband gave me a gift card to Victoria Secret which forces me to buy them .

If I won the lottery maybe, man that's a GORGEOUS dog. I wonder if the $27,000 isn't US dollars? And why would you leave anything that valuable uninsured and in an unlocked vehicle?!?!
                        It says the dog was bought from a well knows Australian breeder. Maybe the $27,000 includes shipping costs etc but still...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anna N' Hamish View Post
                          It says the dog was bought from a well knows Australian breeder. Maybe the $27,000 includes shipping costs etc but still...

you could tell me the dog came with a golden colar and it still would not justifie that price. im leaning on insane over estimate or a typo

Comment

This is from the Riverwood web site:

"In 2002 Naud exported Dundee Semen to Australia, Quintessa Dane. Naud bred Dundee to Pat Kingham's Ch. Quintessa Dain. The Great Grand Daughter from that breeding is Sherrak Challenger. Naud then bred Dundee back to Sherrak in 2010 and imported 2 puppies, Riverwood's Venustus Knight and Riverwood's Venustus Satin Ice, Mantles. Naud's comment: I felt like Sherrak was a very Riverwood like Mantle and has an excellent profile, movement and temperment"

It looks a lot more like these were his stud fee puppies, rather than an outright purchase - so his stated value may be $27k but I don't see where he would have actually paid that.
                            sigpicSara Dellorto, Sardi Great Danes (VBIS CH Sardi's Too Hot To Handle, aka Jayne)

Comment

Originally posted by Elitereefs View Post
                              you could tell me the dog came with a golden colar and it still would not justifie that price. im leaning on insane over estimate or a typo
                              I'm not saying that meant he was worth paying that for, I was replying to jrturks comment about whether it was US dollars or not as well as saying that the price may have included shipping which can go well into the thousands shipping overseas. I agree though, that is an incredibly high price even if it did include shipping, maybe a typo or someone with a lot of money to spend however he wants.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X