No announcement yet.

do you believe in signs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, ma'am, andi. i am kickin' some serious butt these days!

toward the end of gary's illness, i came home one day from work to find him snoozing in his recliner. i leaned over to give him a wake up kiss and something sparkly caught my eye. in his lap was a blue sequin. when he woke, i asked if he had hired a belly dancer or something while i was gone. he just winked and wouldn't say a word.

on the day of his funeral i had brought some flower arrangements home from the cemetery. that evening, i was dividing the flowers up and putting them in vases to give to family. as i worked, i looked down at the counter top and there i found a blue sequin. just one. one sparkly blue sequin. i started throwing flowers everywhere, tearing the arrangements to shreds to see if a florist has used sequins as decoration. my kitchen looked like a flower factory exploded, there were flowers thrown everywhere. i did not find another single sequin. just that one sparkly blue one. just that ONE! i saved it and have it taped into a little scrapbook where i have all of the sticky notes gary left me over the years.

it was not until several days later that, while telling his mom about my find, i learned that one of his young nieces had visited gary that day to show off her ballet tutu. i'm guessing she lost a sequin. gary never did tell me how he came to have one in his lap but *I* know why i found one in those flowers.
    [SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
    X