Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommending DOL - Do they actually join?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommending DOL - Do they actually join?

1) Do you recommend DOL to those you meet in public who own Danes?

2) Did you notice if they actually joined if they said they would?

3) Do you tell them about your DOL profile so they know who you are here?

They latest person I met in public that said just got a Dane puppy mentioned wasn't sure they were feeding the dog correctly but said the dog appeared healthy currently. I suggested they join DOL and hopefully would get some input from our experts like maybe Carolyn and our other resident puppy-raising experts that might chime in and make sure this puppy is on the right track. I heard it was the first thing they were going to do when they got home. That was last weekend and unless I missed something, where are they?

So:
    1) Yes, I do recommend DOL.

2) I look in the introductions section for them afterwards.

3) No way do I tell them who I am on DOL! I just tell them you will figure out who I am when you get there.

So what about you?

I don't meet a lot of other Dane people so I can't really recommend it - but I do on other forums, etc I don't know if they end up joining or not - my guess is they lurk (I was a lurker for months before I opened my mouth!)

Comment

On an Irish dane forum someone was having problems with knuckling and I recommended asking questions here too, I saw they signed up but they never posted that I know of.

I also recommended it to someone who had a colour question about their dane. I'm not suprised they didn't join. I wish they did tho so they'd get their ass wooped lol. (My recent thread was about them.)
      sigpic

Comment

Very few danes in this area maybe a total of five even in the counties that surround us i have 1 and my daughter has 2 she is on here but participates little . Maybe just a lurker. She probably thinks i say more than enough for both of us . How you doin Sis ?

Comment

I have recommended DOL a few times to people with Danes. Most recently about a month or so ago to someone who just got a pup. I checked the intros for a while but didn't see anyone who made me think it was him. No, I didn't give my username.

Martha
          sigpic

Comment

I have mentioned it to several people, especially those with puppies. When I worked at the petstore I mentioned it often. I gave my username out occasionally and asked for a PM if they joined up but I haven't heard a peep.

Diana, Nick, Bingo, Belle, Sam, and Zane
            One man's trash is another man's treasure. Rescue a dog, give a 2nd chance, get undying love. It's a great deal!

Comment

Happily every time i have mentioned DOL, they are already members.
              I like big mutts and I can not lie!

Comment

When I mention DOL...many of the dane owners I have come upon (I can count them on both hands out this way), have never heard of it. And I do not think have joined. I could be wrong. I never did give my user name as most people can't say it anyways. haha (It is said vray-mon with a kind of silent n on the end to those who ever wondered) it is a French word meaning "really" or "truly".

But I digress lol. I just know that I am sure happy I found this site.
                sigpic

Comment

I tell everyone I meet with a Dane about DOL and my Screen Name. There are several members here, okay maybe not several, but a few that are here on my recommendation. DOL, IMO is one of the most comprehensive Dane resources out there. And I don't pay much attention to the introduction forum, but I always encourage the people I meet to friend me
                  sigpic
                  Shaun-4, Kairos (SDiT) at 13 weeks, Cole-6, and Zeus (CGC, PAT, TDI) 2yrs

Comment

I mention DOL each time I run into another dane owner. I dont think they join though, and on the few occasions I have found people that have heard about DOL they said they have joined, but since left.
                    There IS Nothin Like a Dane !

Comment

I always recommend DOL, not only to people who I meet who already have Danes, but also people I meet who say they are interested in having a Dane in the future. I also recommend the forum to people who are non-Dane owners but are interested in RAW feeding.

I do not know if any actually join, because we rarely exchange names during our meeting. I doubt it though, because I have not seen anyone from my geographical location.

I always tell my user name, and I think most people would recognize Reich's name in my siggy and posts.

I met a woman the other day who said her BFF is a "top GD breeder" from Florida, and she was going to call her and tell her she met Reich at the redbox (she was SO EXCITED ). I asked her to mention DOL during the phone conversation and have her friend PM me if she was a member. Which never happened.

~Reich (CGC) 12/21/09 - 1/26/12~
                      ~Behr 4/22/11 - 3/28/14~

~Buhl 2/09/10~
                      <3 My heart breaks for my lost Dane babies <3

Comment

There is one member here that I told about DOL and did join, but doesn't post often. But does keep in contact with me.
                        Any time I bump into someone with a dane, I mention DOL
                        Last edited by audreys; 08-21-2011, 01:25 PM.
                        "The human language, as precise as it is with its thousands of words, can still be so wonderfully vague"....Garth Stein The Art of Racing in the Rain

Comment

Originally posted by Ikenrydem View Post
                          1) Do you recommend DOL to those you meet in public who own Danes?

2) Did you notice if they actually joined if they said they would?

3) Do you tell them about your DOL profile so they know who you are here?

So what about you?
                          I tell everyone about DOL. I post links to join it on Xena's FB page, tell dane owners at the dog park and always refer to it when i'm sharing dane details to the average joe.

I can only recall one guy telling me he was awaiting his account confirmation.

I dont tell them who i am, but im sure they would recognize me based on xena's pics in my signature. i dont ever really check the intro section. too busy going through other info to get to that.
                          sigpic
                          xena and her dane friend duchess
                          Heather
                          and Xena the Warrior Dane
                          find us on FB
                          http://www.facebook.com/XenaWarriorDane
                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xena-t...51824241520044

Comment

Working...
                          X